Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie ? - im pretty sure i decided on what lift i want for my new 04 2500HD CC LB 4x4.. Im leaning toward the Rancho 4" with 305/75/16 on Welds... The lift kit i believe is a 4" front and 2 1/2 " rear - i tow a toy hauler with bikes in the bed as well and wanted to put a 3" block on the back instead so its still higher in the back for towing purposes and will also put on either spring helpers or air bags as well for the towing, and thats where im kind of stuck at - what would be the best set up in regards to the back ? and how should i set that up - anyone help would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone ?? the guy at my local shop has his ideas but doesnt tow and i was hoping for someone on here that has done this set up, especially with keeping the back end a bit higher than level and using springs or air bags - and how the handling and towing was affected and if it would be a problem...

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, been doing my homework and checking up on some things - need to know what you guys think is the better lift kit, either the Rancho or Tuff Country ? And what do you think about keeping the rear somewhat higher than the front when lifting ?

·
Registered
570 Posts
If I were to choose out of the two you mentioned, I vote Rancho. As for the rear being higher when lifting I see no problem with that if you tow alot, but I think would go with some aftermarket springs to avoid axle-wrap. Just my $.02

·
Registered
140 Posts
I vote Rancho too, although I'm not sure about keeping the back higher than the front. That would be strictly an asthetic thing, and IMO, the truck looks better level so.....unless you are going to be towing all the time, I'd rather have the truck level when not towing, and maybe a little ass heavy when towing. Besides that, if you are going to run air bags, you will be able to adjust the rear sagging somewhat just by inflating the bags.

Another consideration is the tires you'll be putting on, as well as the back spacing of the rims. I needed to lift the front end more to keep mine from rubbing, not the fenders, but the front of the wheel well liner. I originally thought I'd like the back a little higher also due to towing, but the slight rubbing and the way it looked just wasn't right, so I had them adjust the torsion bars a couple more cranks up. I have a 6" lift and pull a 5er (also lifted) on occasion, but most of the time I'm driving empty, so it looks level when empty.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help - HD, do you have rear spacers on yours and what tires are you running ? do you get any rear end sag when towing or do you have the bags ?

·
Registered
140 Posts
tbone1227,

I don't run with airbags yet, but plan to. I get about 1-2" sag when towing, but no performance problems, just looks.

Right not I'm running 35" BFG M/T's, the backspace on the rims are 4 1/2", no rear spacers. The fabtech lift really makes the front tires stick out, still trying to get used to it.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now that im getting it lifted - do i have to have it flashed ? where / how - its an LLY and i dont have access to one - what if anything do I need to do ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts