Diesel Place banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ImKim
putting on my magnaflow turbo back exhaust and I read that u need to plug the wires with electric diode goo and I'm not seeing any wires.

Just two metal like 1/8 inch tubes that go Into the pipe. What do I do with them ?

I'm in the middle of it now. So info would be nice

·
Registered
233 Posts
follow those lines up and youll see where they connect to a plug. Its up under the center of the bed I believe. then once you disconnect and remove the dpf and all its connections, use your stuff and tape them up. youll be good to go. I didnt even mess with pulling those things out of the dpf, it was easier just to disconnect all the electrical connections.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Yes. Just completely remove them from the truck.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I got it all off and I was looking over the instructions and they say 2001 to. 2005 kit. I noticed the hanger did not line up in the front bracket so am I screwed ??

·
Registered
10,035 Posts
Nope none of the LMM use the first bracket. The kits fit all generation duramaxes.
Also the O2 you call them are the EGT sensors and not needed. They are part of the DPF regen system. So you unplug and bag good with some dielectric grease and for diff pressure sensor you can get a piece of tubing to go from one to the other and leave in place.

Brian

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Hey I'm almost done I'm just finishing adjusting it. Anyone with this kit notice how close it comes to the rear shocks and leaf springs by tail pipe. I got about a ha
lf inch clearance tops. At both

also is there any other tuning in efi life other than Turing dpf off and setting regen to zero?
Or is there other table to look at

Should I sell my stock exshaust and magnaflow muffler and five inch tail pipe or save them??

·
Registered
233 Posts
Save your stock exhaust because if you ever sell or trade in your truck youll want to have it. Enjoy your truck man its the best mod you can do on these things!

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Save your stock exhaust because if you ever sell or trade in your truck youll want to have it. Enjoy your truck man its the best mod you can do on these things!
Yea it sounds like a Big truck should now, before it was so quite it was embarrasing. Its much more responsive now to, you can almost feel it flowing better

·
Registered
10,035 Posts
Great job there. Yep sounds like diesel now. Enjoy and have fun.

Brian

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
dang! this is like a decease, after ready this post makes me want to do it too.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Just do it.

JT

·
Registered
484 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts