Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

After months of my hearing "I can't believe a $38k truck does not have a lighted mirror", I found a set of lighted sun visors and bought them. They are from a 2004 Yukon I believe - and they are in great shape. They are slightly longer than the stock mrrors and have the second fold down visor and lighted vanity mirror. I've seen a few threads on the board that you can install these mirrors by getting the clip for under the headliner and running a power lead. What I hope is that someone can give me more specific info - part numbers would be great. My trip to the dealer today (90 minutes) was painful and yielded NO results. I was told there the clips are built into the cab roof.

Any help is appreciated - take care all!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hello, I have a set of those visors in my truck. The Install was easy and straight forward. There is a matching square holes in the roof reinforcement, ready for a special sheet metal / screw retainer clip (OEM only). A new hole is necessary in the headliner, and a "plug" for the OEM hole. I purchased a dash access plug from a Pontiac Grand Am, in gray, and expoxied a pan head screw to the back side for a perfect plug for the old holes. As for the wiring, I obtained the wire ends, and made a loom to power up the lamps. In all it was a 4 hour project, after I had all the parts here. I like the conversion, and it looks OEM perfect...
Sir-Col

1 - 3 of 3 Posts