Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i have been working on this all day and can not figure out what i'm doing wrong on installing my astrostart remote starter 2205a.

i have all my wires connected and my programming finished i think i do according to the installation instructions.

when i hold my button down and plug my connector into the module i cannot get my led light to flash rapidly. or get my remote to work on starter, windows, locks, or alarm. any help would be appreciated.

thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh yea , if i have connected all my wires right something is wrong. everytime i plug my connector in the module the horn goes off.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
What bypass module do you have?

Are you using quick connectors on the purple wire from the data module to the purple wire on the OBD2 connector? IF so, get rid of the quick connector and solder that wire.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
ALso check to make sure your ground is hooked up on the astro start.

I am assuming you have an IOM-GMC-3.

Check to make sure there is power at the red wire of the IOM-GMC-3 and ground at the black wire of the IOM-GMC-3.

Also make sure the IOM-GMC-3 is plugged into the astrostart properly. It's easy to have that plug come half unplugged from pulling on it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i do have the gmc-3
and a remote control engine starter part number 392-127-317

don't no about the by-pass module

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Did you get this from me? Sorry, I have a hard time matching screen names to real names.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes i did. i got it the end of january

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
pm me your phone # or I can PM you mine but I am in mexico on vacation so the call might cost you a bit.

First you should try the advice I posted above.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i can call you if you want me too. i don't no what pm means but that is my number

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
You might want to remove that # now that I have called you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts