Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1995 chevy 2500 with the 6.5 turbo. I lived in South Carolina when I bought it from my dad. I love the truck. The truck sat up for about a year while I was in training and when I got home it wouldn't start so I tracked the problem down to a bad PMD and replaced it with SSdiesel supplies remote mounted heatsink kit. The truck ran fine for a few days and then started stumbling and hesitating bad. The check engine light came on so I took it to the dealership. They said four codes showed up and all of them had to do with the injector pump so I had it replaced. Again the truck ran really good so I headed for Fort Knox to report from South Carolina about 480mi. All the way up here it ran really well until I got about ten minutes outside of the base. It stopped pulling up hills and wouln't go above 35 or 40 mph. I made it here though and thought it had just ran a little hot. It started fine the next morning but under accelleration it would stumble and act like it wanted to shut off also it started to smoke a little white smoke. Then one day last week I went to the store and on my way back it stopped pulling at all. It will start an idle smooth until you hit the throttle or put it in drive then it'll start smoking white smoke and running rough. I thought the lift pump was bad so I replaced it. It didn't help at all. I've checked everything I know to check. PLEASE HELP ME.:help:

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
On a 94-95, the Lift pump is powered by the Oil Pressure Switch.

Easy to check since you've already replaced the lift pump. Simply remove the Plastic turbo power cover, start the truck, and then open the bleed valve on top of the fuel filter. If fuel pumps out, then the Lift pump and OPS are working, if nothing comes out, then you most likely need a new OPS. If it does work, then this would be a great opportunity to replace the fuel filter and check inside the base to make sure its clean.

If you could find out what codes were tripped or have been set since, that would help a lot.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just checked it out like you said and yes it's getting fuel. I also went and got a scanner code 78 comes up

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How do I check the turbo waste gate solenoid

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
Please tell me it has a new fuel filter in it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes that was the first thing I did

1 - 6 of 6 Posts