Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm in the process of installing my thermocouple and pyrometer. Where do you go through the firewall with the wiring? Do you drill it or do you just go thru an existing rubber boot? Thanks for the help...

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I drilled out the snow plow prep blank and put a gromment in the hole. ran stuff through that.

Jim

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I did the same as above...but, for my aftermarket stereo wiring (larger bundle) I went through behind the furthest-to-the-driver's-side factory harness point. Pull up the black covering a little and you'll have room to slide the pyro/boost stuff through there too if you don't want to drill and gromet a new hole. Sorry, no pics avail.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
I went through the factory boot that holds the throttle position wiring from the pedal. It's a huge hole with only about 3 or 4 #22 wires going through it.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pryo Install

OK... I got thru the throttle wiring grommet on the firewall. I need a 12V source now to hook up my Pyrometer's stepper motor and LED lighting. Any recommendations? Talk about OJT! Thanks again!

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
I used an "Add a circuit" and used one of the fuses near the top of the panel by the driver's door. It's only hot with ignition on, so it's not on in the ACC position.

For lighting (I have Autometer) I tapped into dash light dimmer roller.

·
Registered
127 Posts
tap the dash light dimmer I believe the manual said it was a lilac color but double check first with a test light.

Shawn

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 10 of 10 Posts