Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I usually do it myself, but didntave time, and its cold as you know what.

So I go to the local quick lube, The owner is a friend, After I leave....

I notice my pressure, is changing with the gas pedal from 40-80....

So I just figured, it needs time to move around. Well this morning, I drive around and once it warmed up, it was doing the same thing.

What did or didnt the guy do. I dont remember the gauge moving like this.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I think that's normal, to an extent. I say that b/c mine's done that from the beginning. At idle, I run ~30psi or so. When rolling, I'll get 60-80psi, depending somewhat on throttle position. (That's with 15W-40 Delo 400)

From what I've read, that's typical.

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
I agree that it's normal. If it did'nt move with the throttle I'd be worried.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just dont remember it doing it that much, its like a tach....

It races up, when you hit the gas, and falls back to 40 when you let off....

So stone is this still right.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I'd say no worries, that's how mine works.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, I just thought the ass hat, had screwed, me with the wrong filter...

They where arguing thinking 8 qts or 12qts.... I said it is just shy of 10qts guys:eek:

·
Registered
241 Posts
i would definitly start doing it myself next time.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Thanks guys, I just thought the ass hat, had screwed, me with the wrong filter...

They where arguing thinking 8 qts or 12qts.... I said it is just shy of 10qts guys:eek:
DBrown...did you provide the oil change place with a filter or did they provide their own? What type of filter did they put on?

My oil pressure moves with the engine RPMs also, but if this is something new, maybe moves more or something else, you may want to at least examine the filter type installed.

Just my $.02 worth.

MaxRock

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Higher RPM will raise the oil pressure. More pressure in there when the engine is turning faster.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Also, beware of comparisons of 2001-02 trucks to those made 2003 and later. I understand the oil pressure was lowered in the 2003 and later trucks.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Well I usually do it myself, but didntave time, and its cold as you know what.

So I go to the local quick lube, The owner is a friend, After I leave....

I notice my pressure, is changing with the gas pedal from 40-80....

So I just figured, it needs time to move around. Well this morning, I drive around and once it warmed up, it was doing the same thing.

What did or didnt the guy do. I dont remember the gauge moving like this.
I wouldn't have those XXXX'n Guys change my oil if they were paying me to do it. I have heard many stories and even worked on some from others that took their cars there. I don't want anyone racing to change my oil. One guy lets it out and another pumps it in. Great concept, I'll pass.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts