Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's time for new tires. I'm ready to get rid of the stock wheel because of the limited tire size/wear.

Can you suggest a wheel? So far I have found these:

Moto Metal 951
Moto Metal 955

Any word of advise installing these on a truck with no lift. I'm guessing I can adjust my T-Bars.

Are the MKW wheels any good?

I think I may go with the 19.5 Rims. What is the max tire I can go with 19.5 rims and stock height? I can adjust the T-Bars if needed. I'm thinking 245 would be nice. I want to make sure they will fit. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
123 Posts
I just ordered a set of 18x9 955's with 285/60-18. I'll let you know how they fit in a week or two.:ro)

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
The 955 is a nice looking wheel, I was going to get that one but went with the Pro Comp 6001 instead but I will be running the same size tire.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1000 Questions?

Can I run 245/70R/19.5 tires? I see a lot of people are getting a 2" lift to get them to fit. Ideally I would like to go with the 265/70R/19.5, I think they look awesome, but I'm on a budget.

Does anyone know what the 2" lift would cost? :eek: Is this something anyone can install.

If I go 19.5 I will get the Vision Type 81 Wheels. I'm not sure what tire yet. I will plan on getting this at Les Schwab.

Maybe tomorrow I can call and get a price. Unless I can get a 2" lift from Green Keys. :confused: My truck is pretty low in the front compared to the rear. So I think it needs to be raised at least 2 inches.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Making up my mind.....

Well I called Les Schwab and decided to run a 18" wheel.

I'm going with the 18" Allied Type 886 (I think it's actually called the 888)

He said I could get the new Toyo Open Country H/T in a 275/65/18. The 275/70/18 is about $200 more. I really don't know what the difference would be.

Any objections to running the Open Country H/T?

I really Censored the Open Country A/T. They wore out way to fast for me and the ride/feel is crap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts