Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've had the injectors replaced again with 134000 km. The engine has a noticable knock now under any acceleration. It kinda sounds like my old 6.2 diesel just quieter.
The first set of injectors were put in at 125000 km, and what a mess that was, the new injectors were faulty right from the start. A couple blew diesel right into the oil sump. So no oil pressure and back to the shop I went, another set of injectors within 50 km of the first replacement set.

The new set lasted until 134000 km and then suddenly it started to make a loud "ting ting ting" sound. Back to the dealer, injectors shooting raw diesel into the combustion chamber I guess. So new injectors everything seemed fine but the diesel smell never went away. Look under the hood and there is diesel leaking down both sides on the engine from two injectors. Take it back to the dealer and they replaced the cracked or cut o-rings. Now it is making the knocking sound under any acceleration light, medium and a bit less noticable under heavy acceleration. I have a lot of friends and family who have Duramaxs and mine is noticable knocking compared to theirs and compared what mine used to sound like. I might be lacking some power too.

Any suggestions? should I find another GM shop or what?

cheers
Mark

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would get it to any GM shop and scream real loud. My engine has had 4 sets of injectors then dropped a piston at 152,000 miles. GM has told me "sorry". They claim the injectors did not cause this, 4 engine rebuild shops(2 GM Certified) claim they did. Good Luck but I think your fun is just beginning.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I'm suspecting that I should trade it off as soon as I can afford it? I still have another year and a half of University, so hopefully it will not blow up until then. Of course all this work done to it will probably affect the resale price too.

The truck is in the shop again today, I'm getting to know the head service manager pretty well.

-Mark

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is there any way of finding out the level of training or experience of GM service techs? I phoned around the city and no one seems to say they have had a bad experience with these guys. They have two dedicated diesel techs at the shop so they should know their stuff but who knows for sure?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts