Diesel Place banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I think i limped my truck but i have no way to clear it.

Here is what i did. I have the edge on 3/5 and bs. I put on the blocker plate and was testing stuff out. I did a boosted launch and once the tires stopped spinning i got a lurch and a check engine light. Truck is sluggish and i have nothing to check codes with. I restart and check engine light is still on. Is it the tranny? Fuel filter? HELP!!!!

What do i do, and is there anyone in Temecula that could clear the codes? I really don't want to take everything off and take it into the dealer.

Thanks!

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
You need to get the codes read. Could have been a 1093 as well.

Try your local autoparts store, lots of them read codes for free. Autozone etc.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You need to get the codes read. Could have been a 1093 as well.

Try your local autoparts store, lots of them read codes for free. Autozone etc.
Will i be able to clear it or just read it? Ill goto the store and find out what code it is. Anyone in the area that can clear it? I think west coast diesel is in the area. I have been wanting to get their input on some mods anyway.

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
Read it then you can clear it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
go to your local diesel shop and see if they will let you use there programer bully dog or super chip.to clear the codes and engine lightwill go off.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Go to Sears and buy a CarChip. $150. It plugs into the OBD port under the dash. Records 300 engine hours. Lots of performance parameters available to log. Trip info, etc. Reads and resets codes. Extremely useful. Works on any 1996 and newer vehicle. I primarily use it to read codes, check on our various cars running parameters, and as a monitor on the teen's cars. ANYONE running a modified vehicle needs this or equivalent. ANYONE with teen drivers needs it. ANYONE who likes to keep an informed eye on their cars needs it.

Ed

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
FYI...My Carchip from Sears would not read my 1093 code when I threw one of those.

·
Vendor
9,677 Posts
Most hand held tuners will miss many codes also. The Diablo Predator seems to be best choice here. That or better yet EFI Live...

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
Most hand held tuners will miss many codes also. The Diablo Predator seems to be best choice here. That or better yet EFI Live...
That has been by experience as well.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Try Socal diesel and what Kennedy said EFI LIVE will be upgrading to that real soon.

Shawn

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, now i can't get the reader to power up.

I went to autozone and pluged the reader in and turned engine to on (no starter). No display on the code reader. WTF!!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You threw a p0299 and the engine is running on reduced power.
Yup!!

i threw an underboost code and 2 egr codes. I guess i will be buying efi live sooner than i thought. What would it cost to have you guys work me a program so that i can take my boost stick out and kill the erg codes? I will have enough spare change at the end of the month so i guess ill get the efi live from you then.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts