Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally tore into my truck after my hunting trip went south. Found what I think is #4 injector line cracked (second one back from the front on the passenger side). My spare engine has lines but they are in terrible shape with rub spots in them so deep that its into the inner wall of the line. I was supposed to go hunting today, but for obvious reasons, I'm stuck in my damn shop. I want to try to go again next weekend, but that is totally reliant on me getting a line for my truck. I'm going to look locally for a line, but have doubts about having much luck, so if any of you guys have a spare,...I could sure use it right about now. Man this sucks,...this truck has never ever let me down....now that I'm without it...I feel somewhat stranded and helpless. PLEASE HELP!!!

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
If there is a diesel shop in town,they will make one up for ye.

Whats the matter,you got 3 trucks in your sig,none of them run? unless you use THAT truck to run down a deer with. hi hi

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
The other k20's got a broke gasser in it, and the c30 dually got a bad tranny and wouldn't get me far in a foot of snow anyway. My avatar is old faithfull, have always been able to count on that old girl...till now:(...I just don't have time to work on my own stuff untill I'm forced a foot. Damn, I'm gonna hafta hire a guy just to catch up my stuff.
Yes, the purty red one is for running down ELK!

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have 2 sets, if you don't find one monday let me know and i will dig them out of the attic in my garage.
Thank you, I will.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Found a set this morning at a hole in the wall yard and got it back together. No more leaky and runs fine. Thanks for the quick offerings of assistance guys. I go into panic mode when it comes to that truck. Had it almost 10 years and this is the third time it was down for more than a day. Not complaining, just so damn reliable that I feel stranded without it. Anyway, Thanks Again.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Yeah, me too. When it does break on occasion, I'm still half used to thinking in 350 gasser terms, and it takes a minute to adjust to 6.2L thinking mode. Even after 2 1/2 years. Guess that's a testament to how reliable it is most of the time...

It sure is good to know a good scrap yard...I've found the GM parts desk in my area that is open until midnight, but I haven't located the cheap local 6.2l boneyard, yet.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I kinda wonder if it isn't overly reliable. I don't check a lot of things as often as I should and I think I get overconfident in its reliability because of the lack of issues. That in mind, makes me think that when she does have a prob,...it'll be a biggy. Take for example, I cut the sidewall out of my right front in the mountains. As I was jacking the truck up, I noticed a defined flop in the tire as it cleared the ground. Thought maybe it was just cause the lugs were loosened up, but just in case, I wiggled the wheel after the spare was on and lugs tight....my ohhh my the amount of slop in them ball joints were scary. The driver side turned out to be worse yet......giving it new ball joints in the morning, then taking it down to the tire shop for some brand new shoes. I can't help but think as bad as those joints were....that was bound to be a major OOOPS.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Geez dude, you freaked out there.

What's that say in the bottom of your signature?:D

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You mighta freaked out too if you knew how scarce the 6.2's are around here. Had it come to it...I woulda fabricated something that woulda worked......but only if absolutely necessary.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
I kinda wonder if it isn't overly reliable. I don't check a lot of things as often as I should and I think I get overconfident in its reliability because of the lack of issues. That in mind, makes me think that when she does have a prob,...it'll be a biggy. Take for example, I cut the sidewall out of my right front in the mountains. As I was jacking the truck up, I noticed a defined flop in the tire as it cleared the ground. Thought maybe it was just cause the lugs were loosened up, but just in case, I wiggled the wheel after the spare was on and lugs tight....my ohhh my the amount of slop in them ball joints were scary. The driver side turned out to be worse yet......giving it new ball joints in the morning, then taking it down to the tire shop for some brand new shoes. I can't help but think as bad as those joints were....that was bound to be a major OOOPS.
That's what you get,no time to look after your own vehicles,always fixing other peoples stuff. Been there done that.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
where you located bbadboy? i always have some parts around. or know somebody.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I happen to have a spare set just in case. Was able to strip a blown engine down and I kept some parts. If needed, let me know, we can make arrangements.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I live in the Boise valley, about 8 miles west of Caldwell. I have family in Elgin Oregon, so I make that jont from time to time.
I managed to find some lines locally and tho they weren't in the best condition, I'll keep the ones I didn't use for spares. The truck is back up and running good again, I just have to catch up with everything else that I put off. Think'n I need to accelerate in finding a d60 front end tho. Put the new ball joints in, now the right front has some nasty looking camber to it and I'm pretty sure its going to play hell with the outside edge of the tire. Almost $400 for ball joints in thise thing and it seems like it was a complete waste of money considering.
Thanks for the lifelines guys, nice to know that you all are out there.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
i do have a extra set of lines here in portland. got a buddy with a few blown up engines also. elgin is some good hunting country, least it was 15 years ago. i have a cousin in boise if i stop over that way i will let you know.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'll put the beer on ice...:beerchug:

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Went hunting again.....didn't see a damn thing, not even old sign........and my glow plug relay went south:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
next year he will have another point on his rack. i put a 87 style glow plug controler on my 84 works much better for me. takes alittle wiring to hook it up like the stock ones.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I rewired, bypassing the controller, years ago. I've got the glowers and the cold advance/cold idle hooked up to manual control. Probably should put a controller on, but I just can't bring myself to do it.:beerchug:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.