Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a coolant loss problem that my dealer in Roseville can't find. Is there a good Gm shop that I can go to?

·
Registered
193 Posts
whats close for ya?

well if your in reno anytime be happy to take a look. what area does it seem to be coming from? how much oes it leak?

mike

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
If your truck is a GMC, you could try Crossroads on 49 in Auburn. They have 2 factory trained Dmax techs there ~ have heard good things but absolutely no cross servicing. Joe Shelton, one of the techs is a member here ~ can't recall his handle. Says factory trained.

You don't say how severe the loss is ~ I had a slow leaking wp in mine that Winner in Colfax couldn't find ~ I had to rub their noses in it. When I queried about having a trained diesel tech they seemed a lil' evasive but did do a good job replacing the pump on the second visit.

Know nothing about Folsom. Heard nothing promising about Gold Rush in Auburn ~ hope we can get some favorable feedback for our area from other members. I try to keep an ear to the grnd as I'll probably need injectors someday. Reno may not be too far if the pass is open.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Try Oakland Truck Center ... a couple hours drive ...

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This was my fourth trip to the stealer. I don't see any signs of a leak, I don't smell coolant (like if it was leaking on the exhaust) The last time it went 22 miles before the low coolant light went on. I took it back and they pumped the cooling system up to 16psi and left it over the weekend. When they came in on Monday it was at 10psi. They pulled the glow plugs and they were dry and the cylinders were dry. (they even said they had expected to see water in the cylinders) They called some other techs and decided to put on a new coolant cap because they said that it was not venting correctly. I sure vented though. I have called GM factory and the GM service rep is going to call me to see if that fixed it!

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
I have a coolant loss problem that my dealer in Roseville can't find. Is there a good Gm shop that I can go to?
Not exactly close, but member Max Payne who works at Airport Chevrolt in Medford is as good as they get. He has guys coming up from Sac and as far north as Seattle to work on their trucks.
:ro)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Winner Chevrolet - Losers

Well I cannot speak for thier mechanics at Winner in Colfax, but I know I would never buy anything from them. I know this is not the forum, but need to vent!! Last year I was looking for three Duramax's. The local dealer showed stock of them at Winner. I spoke with a salesmen there several times over the phone getting the employee pricing program info that was being offered. It was $37k something. No haggle right? Well after several conversations and his refusal to fax me the sticker and options, I went against my better judgement. I rallyied my brother and dad to all drive 3+ hours from different directions. We get to the dealership at Winner to find the sticker at $47k. The salesmen just failed to mention a $10,000 "Regency" upgrade. Wasted all of our time and our money by lying and not answering my questions over the phone. Jerk... Those guys are straight up crooks... We still got our three Duramax's from other locations.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Try Oakland Truck Center ... a couple hours drive ...
Is that the one by the coliseum? Are the any good? Sorry to jack your thread:) .

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
ripfish ~ I know the feeling as all the locals are that way. It was so bad in late 2001 that I had to fly up to northern ID to pick mine up. Course I saved $5k back then. Even had one local saleman laugh at me. So when I purchased my truck from out of state, I left the DaveSmith Auto card in the license frame and visited each dealer blowing my horn as I drove my new affordable truck thru their lot. Now, thats livin' !! ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts