Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has 7.50r16lt tires on rear duals. Can I run 235/85/16 without touching. does 7.50= 235 or 245??

also can I fit these (235/85/16)on the fronts without rubbing currently have 245/75r16 on the front

1992 3500 utility with steel rims brand unknown

thanks
Derek

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just put 235/85/16's on all six. Only problem that I ran into was some scuffing on the front mad flaps. Nothing a little adjustment wont fix.The rears are fine, unless you are going to hual some serious weight. I run around with about 1/2 ton in my box all the time lots of clearance.

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
Has 7.50r16lt tires on rear duals. Can I run 235/85/16 without touching. does 7.50= 235 or 245??

also can I fit these (235/85/16)on the fronts without rubbing currently have 245/75r16 on the front

1992 3500 utility with steel rims brand unknown

thanks
Derek
On a '92 3500 you should be able to run 235/85/16's all-around, no sweat. The concern comes with the newer models '01 & up. Apparently GM changed the offset on the wheels, less clearance between the duals, which makes 235's a hit or miss proposition.
JP

·
Registered
352 Posts
The concern comes with the newer models '01 & up. Apparently GM changed the offset on the wheels said:
Will the 99 and down wheels fit the newer 01's and up?
Might make it easier to fit bigger tires.

Max

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
Will the 99 and down wheels fit the newer 01's and up?
Might make it easier to fit bigger tires.

Max
No, I think there is either a bolt circle spacing or hub diameter difference between the '01s and all before '01. I'm thinkin' it was the hub center that is different, but I can't remember. I think some guys thought about machining the circle out a bit and make them fit, but unless you have a lathe or are good buddies with someone that does, it probably isn't cost effective....especially for 6 wheels.
JP

·
Registered
272 Posts
I have them on my new LBZ CCD but have to watch the air pressure in the rears. The insides do touch a bit if not paying attention to them. No problems in the front. Had same set up on my 2002 LB7 CCD and no rubbing issues on the front either.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
:confused: So, if you do pay attention, do they behave and not rub???

·
Registered
272 Posts
Every once in a while they rub or when I am pulling my gooseneck. I keep the air psi @ 70 and no problems really.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I tried to do a swap between my 89 and my 03 to get my Eagle wheels on the new ride, no work :( as the stud holes are a different size. Not much but enough to keep them from going on. Probably due to the change to metric studs.

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
I tried to do a swap between my 89 and my 03 to get my Eagle wheels on the new ride, no work :( as the stud holes are a different size. Not much but enough to keep them from going on. Probably due to the change to metric studs.
I also think there will be a hub-centric issue if you did get the older style wheels on.
JP

·
Registered
272 Posts
the new trucks are hub centric

1 - 11 of 11 Posts