Diesel Place banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Industrial Injection lists them on their website but are a bit pricey. Now don't take this as gospel, you are going to have to do some phone calls and research, but I believe the original part number was 97603320 which was superceded by 19210790

use this as a Google search argument gm part number 19210790 and check out the results and make some phone calls.

i found this site: http://www.partsvoice.com/partsearch and it locates dealers that have part nbr

·
Registered
962 Posts
if you PM me your email address, I will send you the GM instructions for the vane position sensor replacement so that you know how they say to do it (unless you already have this information and then the rest of the post below it redundant as you already know).

additionally if you install a new sensor, the following has to be done with a GM Tech2 or equivalent tool that can access the control functions of the vehicle

Turbocharger Learn Procedure

The turbocharger (TC) learns the vane positions automatically during each ignition cycle. The engine control module (ECM) performs the turbocharger learn procedure automatically when the enable criteria are met. After each ignition cycle, and before the enable criteria ha been met, the ECM will use the previously learned value. If the ECM does not have a previously learn value, it will default to a stored calibrated value. The ECM will use this value until the enable criteria have been met. It will then perform this procedure to learn the new value. If the ECM attempts to perform the learn procedure and fails, DTCs P0046 or P2563 may set.

The turbocharger learn procedure must be performed manually with a Tech 2 when any turbocharger system service has been performed. Certain enable criteria must be met for the ECM to perform this procedure.

The turbocharger learn procedure is required when the following service procedures have been performed:

The turbocharger vane position control solenoid valve replacement
The turbocharger vane position sensor replacement
The engine control module (ECM) replacement
The turbocharger replacement
Any service that disturbs the turbocharger components

Learn Procedure

Important
Once the enable conditions have been met the throttle must remain at idle. Do not change the accelerator pedal position (APP) during this procedure.

The following conditions must be met for the ECM to perform the turbocharger learn procedure:
The A/C is OFF.
The vehicle is in Park or Neutral.
Start and idle the engine.
The engine coolant temperature (ECT) is more than 40°C (104°F).
After the enable conditions have been met and the engine idle is stabilized, enter the TC Learn Output function from the Engine Output Control Menu. Command the TC Vane Position Sensor ON for at least 5 seconds, then command it OFF. The system should have learned the new turbocharger position. The TC Learned parameter should have toggled from No to Yes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.