Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I need a good laptop, I can upgrade it if need be to be current but I need something to start with. I am finding that my home computer and my work computer is ok, but if you seen the folder of papers I carry around to keep track of orders, questions to answer that need more research etc, you would laugh. SO, if anybody has anything, lemme know. I would like a Dell but I dont have the 1500.00 to swing a new one. HMmm, Donations also accepted towards it!

Eric

·
Registered
16,610 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Eric

I visit this site often. They sell nothing but tell you who has the best buys and how to get them.

http://www.techbargains.com/index.cfm

I got my Dell by using their tips.

Right now they are showing some good laptop buys. Look at the Best Buy section.

They also show Dell has a P4 laptop for 869 shipped.

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
Eric,

i buy used laptops off ebay for friends and such.. my work laptop is a 2.4ghz, but i prefer something small for my personal use.. its easier to tote around at 3lbs. compaq m300. different battery options if you needs lots of time too. i usually get those off ebay for 300-400$. if you want a compaq M700 i might have one for sale in a week or so. work ya a deal on that kent moore gauge!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Shoot me an email at [email protected]

I can probably come up with a Compaq 7400 at a good price for ya.

Mike

·
Registered
67 Posts
i swear by Dell inspiron 1100. you can pic one up for around $700 from their website.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I second dell, I have had mine for 5 years now, almost 6 without any problems except a charger going out knock on wood. Being a college student I don't handle with care and nither do the airlines I fly. I think they are a good buy. We just got a new HP too and it very nice for 1K I believe. Check around and look for the best warrenty and price.

·
Registered
285 Posts
hey, forgot, check out the referbished dell (sorry for poor spelling). My friend got one dirt cheap same warrenty and no problems either.

Lenny again

·
Registered
195 Posts
Didn't PEANUT have one mounted over by the glove box of his truck? He's going to part out the junker anyways

See it over there on the right?Edited by: Rubberfish

·
Registered
67 Posts
i have a IPAQ 5555 hand held mounted with a blue tooth gps unit. that sutff is awesome. you can also get an interface to plug into your truck and read codes.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I had a laptop dance from a blue, buck-toothed woman once. Didn't realize it until the lights came on. That cured my laptop need for awhile.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Try looking at www.pricewatch.com. They track prices realtime. Can find some pretty good deals.Edited by: Mjollnir

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.