Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My NSBU went out today after a wet ride home. I have 114,000 on my truck so from what I see on here that is not to bad. My question is can I drive it? It clucks real hard when I shift it in to Drive. I don't have a garage so I will have to take somewhere to work on it.

Drahtfowler
02 2500HD Crewcab
No mods :( (yet)

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
It's just a guess,
but maybe you just got moisture in one of the two electrical connectors.
Might be worth a try to remove each electrical connector, and dry them out if wet, using heat gun or hair dryer.
I have dielectric grease in my connectors to keep moisture out. Been working for about 3.5-4 years, (knock wood).
If it starts working I'd still buy a spare, or just go ahead and replace it when the weather is better.
I always carry a spare, just in case.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bad News

Well after laying in the snow and having all kinds of trouble I still have some issues. I did have alot of trouble getting the connector off of the old one. Ended up braking the connector on the old NSBU. The pins where stuck in the connector. I now don't have a indicator on the IP. At first I only had 1st gear then when I put it in park and then drive I only have 3rd gear again. Anybody have any ideas? I might have to take it to the deal tomorrow.

02 2500HD Crew Cab
D/A with no mods
114,000 miles

·
Registered
30 Posts
Stay away from the dealership! I had what I thought was my NSBU go out about 2 days ago. So I called the dealership for a price and avability of the part. They quoted me a price of $187.00 and gave me a part # 29540479 I then called the local parts dealer and they cross refrenced the part number and the part cost me a grand total of $31.00 dollors. I then pulled the pickup in our shop at work and replaced it. All was fine and danndy, I then pulled it out took it for a test drive and it worked great. Until... I went home took a shower and went down to the bar for a drink and it was doing the same thing as before!! Stuck in second and the indicator is not working as it should. Before it would work once in a while. When I went to lunch yesterday the damn thing worked fine with the old part and then on the way back to the office it started acting up again. So I am thinking mostiure might be a factor? Anybody have a Ideals.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts