21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Subscribed :thumb:

·
Ronald Reagan fan
4,163 Posts
Nice job on the sleeving process.Leaving a lip at the bottom of the bore is the proper way to do it.Very nice job.:thumb:

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Nice job on the sleeving process.Leaving a lip at the bottom of the bore is the proper way to do it.Very nice job.:thumb:
Yeah, these guys are amazing. They specialize in reviving old stuff for people who are doing big $$ restorations, and they get a lot of work from people who have had crap work done in the past at other shops. They also do the work for a few Bonneville teams. The guy that does their head work has worked with 6.2/6.5's in the past and he is fun to talk to about it and he is excited to be working on this. Show up with a LSx and they'll throw you out...lol.

Vintage Iron & Restoration, Classic Car, Vintage Cars, Automobile Restoration
Engine Machine Shop Scottsdale | High Velocity Engines

·
Ronald Reagan fan
4,163 Posts
You might have mentioned it already but did you buy new heads afterwards?I know you had problems with a few different sets.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
You might have mentioned it already but did you buy new heads afterwards?I know you had problems with a few different sets.
New heads are being worked into the budget. Haven't purchased yet, but that is the direction I am going.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Crank came back as good. After polishing, mains are right in the middle of spec, and the rods are at the small end of spec. Ordered a couple single sets of bearings at standard and 001 and see where clearances end up. I was told that Unique Diesel can get the stuff that is between 000 and 001 if I need them. We are going to check clearances with these and see where we need to go.

Ordered up a new balancer and going to drop bearings and balancer at shop on Friday so they can balance everything.

Turbo is over at Unique getting rebuilt. Need to get injectors out for a rebuild. And I need an oil pump. Head gaskets will get ordered after I get the short block together and measure where my pistons are.

Picked up some new ARP flexplate-to-crank bolts and flexplate-to-converter bolts while I was ordering the bearings.

I should probably start cleaning and painting accessories.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts