1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
According to my parts number list, it's a lux (Y91). You will have to get a Lux (luxury) amp to run it. It is not a touch screen, unless that didn't matter. It's an alright deal and I have bought from them before.

·
Premium Member
20,556 Posts
'4335 is a Lux, NON-touchscreen, what DDD said! :)

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I want the touchscreen though.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Get the Lux Touchscreen and also get a CDX (6 disk changer).

Love my "new" Bose system:

·
Registered
386 Posts
I was looking at a bunch of auctions yesterday, and noted at least 2 that were listed as premium, but requiring the Y91 option (Lux) the part number is 15230099 in which Diesel Day Dreamin has listed as a lux touchscreen. Here is one link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-GM-GPS-NAVIGATION-RADIO-Escalade-Yukon-Denali_W0QQitemZ8030590762QQcategoryZ38653QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Here is the other listed as part number 15800000 which the seller says will work without the Y91 option (LUX)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GM-NAVIGATION-TOUCHSCREEN-RADIO-GPS-FULLY-LOADED_W0QQitemZ8032499166QQcategoryZ38653QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

(Don't know if this a good deal or not). This is something I would love to do, but have no $$, gonna have to wait...Good Luck...

Bill

·
Premium Member
20,556 Posts
'0000 is NON-LUX

'0099 is LUX. thats the nav unit im running in my truck (0099)

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Of course if your name is Machomachodan, they all can be made Lux. ;)

I guess we'd better not confuse them huh Ben? :p:

·
Registered
229 Posts
How do you find out what works with what? Will a 15204334 work in a 06 with a bose? The tag does not say Y91 THANKS!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Stock Nav would be cool but I decided to go another route for portability between vehicles. I bought a Magellan Roadmate 700 and it is the most amazing piece of technology I have ever owned. The user interface and performance is way better than other GPS I've used. It is plug and play and is incredibly fast and finding addresses and points of interest near your location.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/MAGELLAN-ROADMATE-700-CAR-GPS-NAVIGATION-20GB-MF-WTY_W0QQitemZ5859860056QQcategoryZ84076QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Stock Nav would be cool but I decided to go another route for portability between vehicles. I bought a Magellan Roadmate 700 and it is the most amazing piece of technology I have ever owned. The user interface and performance is way better than other GPS I've used. It is plug and play and is incredibly fast and finding addresses and points of interest near your location.
Yeah, I have my Garmin plugged into my laptop for portability in other vehicles. Pretty much the same as your setup, just has a 15.4" screen. Now I just use the laptop for movies, 13k MP3s, and wireless internet surfing when on the road.

Once I can afford it, EFI Live!:ro)

·
Registered
73 Posts
I just added nav, non lux to my avalanche and freakin love it. it even made the stereo sound better. I will do the lux at one point but not now. I need info on adding the cdx slot changer to my cubby hole. like how to do it and how it hooks up and where to get one and how much they are. thanks for any help. this place rocks. I am a service advisior and I have been turning all my duramax customers on to this site for a long time now .

·
Premium Member
20,556 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
thanks ben, I am more confused now. lol where did you get your player at? how much would I expect to spend? thanks again

·
Registered
592 Posts
ebay has some cd changers but make sure you get the one with metal ears. check up bens write up. as for the cdx hook up Diesel_Day_Dreamin''s has a good color coded instructions for it. as soon as i can i am going to do a write up for dummys with no info on why just what to do for us that build models with out reading lol just looking at pic's
rob

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
thanks ben, I am more confused now. lol where did you get your player at? how much would I expect to spend? thanks again
Yes, just go to ebay and punch in one of the following CDX part numbers;

15055250, 15122617, or 15207055. They sell between $150-$180 without shipping.

Also like chp777 says, be sure it has the "ears". You will also need the Harness, part number 15312903. Get this at your local dealer... about $30.

PM me your email address and I can send you the color coded wiring diagram... I have to shrink it too small to read if posted here. Can someone host it?

Attachments

·
Bac To The Future
23,008 Posts
Mudcon....See how GM is so wrong NOT to encourage you dealer guys to help with mods and upgrades? Think of the $$$$ GM could make....

Other than getting the cutting of the cubbie just right, installing the CDX should be pretty easy.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts