Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honest I searched!! I don't mean to beat a Nav install to death but just wondering where that Nav antenna mounts? I have seen that antenna with the little metal bracket just wondered where does it mount? Does anyone have access to GM documentation specifically document #1261645? (Nav GPS antenna mounting loc & rem/repl procedures)

I have looked for the last hour for something relating to this and am coming up blank here. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
3,756 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
Thanks for posting those Doug!

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
No problem Ben.......

Guess I beat you to this thread.;)

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
damn you have to remove the whole dash to do it is that the only way to mount them

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Its not that hard to do. But its the best (factory) location.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thanks thats exactly what I was looking for. you guys are great here

·
Registered
73 Posts
you dont have to remove the dash at first. when you install if you wrap it in a little bubble wrap you can put it right above the ac vent and it works fine. then if you have the dash off off for any reason you can bolt it down. works great and I have had no problems.

·
Registered
77 Posts
you dont have to remove the dash at first. when you install if you wrap it in a little bubble wrap you can put it right above the ac vent and it works fine. then if you have the dash off off for any reason you can bolt it down. works great and I have had no problems.
I've done the same thing. No problems and you don't need to remove the dash.

·
Registered
73 Posts
whats up dan,,, good to see you on here too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you are a popular man. lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts