Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just bought a Napa Gold transmission filter. Is 7701 the right one? The box it came in was too big, but both (the filter and the box) had 7701 on it.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
I just changed my oil and filters today. The Allisson filter I got from NAPA was a gold filter and its part number was 1-8592. It was also a small white box in a larger box. My oil filter was a Napa Gold 7202. Hmmmmmmmmmm....I wander what's up with this?

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
I just had a thought. What did you pay for your tranny filter? I paid $13.49. I'll bet one of us got shafted. If it was me, I want to talk to the NAPA guys I trade with.

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just changed my oil and filters today. The Allisson filter I got from NAPA was a gold filter and its part number was 1-8592. It was also a small white box in a larger box. My oil filter was a Napa Gold 7702. Hmmmmmmmmmm....I wander what's up with this?
7702? Are you sure? I believe the part number for the Napa Gold oil filter is 7202.

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got my transmission filter from fleetfilter.com and it cost $6.69.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
I got the document right here and the oil filter was part number 7202. My bad, I had said 7702 on the earlier post. I fixed it.

·
Registered
304 Posts
http://www.fleetfilter.com/application.html Scroll down to last item. I checked with my local NAPA dealer yesterday. He said drop the first number from Fleetfilters numbers, and that is what they carry. I'm looking for someone in the KC area to split cases of fuel, oil, and tranny filters with me. Mike Z

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Okay guys...the 7701 is the wix-made filter for napa
the 1-8592 is the microtest part number...
I have never had a 1-8592 here in the store to compare to the 7701...Perhaps I'll order one in just to see if there is a difference...:)

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
http://www.fleetfilter.com/application.html Scroll down to last item. I checked with my local NAPA dealer yesterday. He said drop the first number from Fleetfilters numbers, and that is what they carry. I'm looking for someone in the KC area to split cases of fuel, oil, and tranny filters with me. Mike Z
I bought a single fuel filter and a single transmission filter at the prices listed. The low prices don't require a case purchase.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Okay guys...the 7701 is the wix-made filter for napa
the 1-8592 is the microtest part number...
I have never had a 1-8592 here in the store to compare to the 7701...Perhaps I'll order one in just to see if there is a difference...:)
Please check. Now I'm concerned. The filter looked just like my Wix filter except that it had a red case. It went on fine. I just don't want to be charged for a lower quality filter. They said it was a NAPA Gold.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
I bought a single fuel filter and a single transmission filter at the prices listed. The low prices don't require a case purchase.
That's a good deal. I may have to switch if that's the case.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
I just changed mine with the Wix brand... I was always told Wix makes filters for NAPA?

By the way, huge box for such a small filter in this case also.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
As if there's any reason to question Uncle Scott the Parts Guy):h , my NAPA 7701 on my truck is the typical NAPA gold with the white filter casing and blue lettering.

If it's red, it may be an Allison without the lettering? Beats me, but I think I'd go back to NAPA and ask to see another 7701...

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
I just changed mine with the Wix brand... I was always told Wix makes filters for NAPA?

By the way, huge box for such a small filter in this case also.
Yessir, Wix makes almost all of NAPA's filters to the best of my knowledge. There's a few specialty apps that NAPA uses a different supplier, but they're usually Wix. Wix is good stuff in my book.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
9 years behind the counter of NAPA yes the Wix does supply the filters for there gold line. Just like WJZZ stated drop the first number off the Wix part number and you have the NAPA. The ATP or Automatic Transmission filter # is a Micro test brand. I would stick with the Gold filters for the spin on.

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well...I'll install the filter, but what if I covered it with the box, so no one looking underneath will know which filter I have?

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
9 years behind the counter of NAPA yes the Wix does supply the filters for there gold line. Just like WJZZ stated drop the first number off the Wix part number and you have the NAPA. The ATP or Automatic Transmission filter # is a Micro test brand. I would stick with the Gold filters for the spin on.
Uh oh scott, looks like you have compitition.....:D

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Please check. Now I'm concerned. The filter looked just like my Wix filter except that it had a red case. It went on fine. I just don't want to be charged for a lower quality filter. They said it was a NAPA Gold.
Nah..it wasn't a Napa gold..if it was a Napa gold, it would say so on the filter and on the box.;)
Microtest makes good stuff, so I sure wouldn't be worried about it..

·
Registered
111 Posts
Are Fleet Filter's fuel filters the double pleat design?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts