Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In yalls words what would be a good 4'' lift to 6'' lift.Its lookin like im gonna go with a 4 or 6 '' lift.From what ive been reading ,the tire size i should go with is a 285 for performance.I was gonna use a little bigger tire but everyone has there opinion.My plans are changing .Names of lift kits .

·
Registered
366 Posts
You even dont need a lift to run 285...

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Peat;1571855; said:
You even dont need a lift to run 285...
I probally dont need a lift ,its what i want ,the torsion bars arent enough for what i want.I need a little height for the woods.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
i agree u dont need a lift to fit 285s, and i personally think 285s look way to small on a 4-6" lift. if you are wanting more clearance then get larger tires as well as a lift, a lift wont give u anymore offroad capabilitys other than approach angles. the distance from ur axles to the ground will be the same with 285s and no lift as to a lift and 285s.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Z71offroader;1571974; said:
i agree u dont need a lift to fit 285s, and i personally think 285s look way to small on a 4-6" lift. if you are wanting more clearance then get larger tires as well as a lift, a lift wont give u anymore offroad capabilitys other than approach angles. the distance from ur axles to the ground will be the same with 285s and no lift as to a lift and 285s.
I do realize the tire size matters.with the lift.My decision on tires are an open subject .Its like the factory tires are to small fer the truck.I was pondering on 37s also .

·
Premium Member
9,432 Posts
maxy,
A Cognito 4-6 will work great set up at 4" for you. It will give you more frame clearance and factory CV and steering angles for those off road trails. With the right wheel choice and 285's or 305's your truck will look great.

I'm sure you have seen already this link but here it is if not,

Link: http://www.norcaltruck.com/cognito.html

If you need more info let me know.

Nor-Cal Nick

1 - 8 of 8 Posts