Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Whipper Snapper
4,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that have nos on your trucks, where did you mount the bottle? Behind the rear seat would be great but there isn't quite enough room so I might be taking a couple nuts and bolts out

·
Registered
448 Posts
If you wanted to keep it hidden, How about under the truck? Keep you from having a blow down valve, just be careful of road debris.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Behind the seat is a good stealth location and more secure if you are going to leave it in all the time. The worst part is you need to drill a hole thru the floor for the vent tube and the feed line. Not to mention the seat won't quite go back all the way (in a crew cab) because even a 10# bottle is too fat. In the bed is not as stealth and not as secure but the sun will help keep the bottle warm although a bottle heater is still a good idea.

·
Whipper Snapper
4,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, I don't have a tool box... I actually thought about one just for this purpose, but didn't want to limit my cargo space (carry an ATV quite regularly which barely fits with the tailgate down as it is).

I also thought about under the truck, but decided it would be a pain to get to the bottle for refills and I didn't want to have to fabricate a box to protect the bottle and fittings from any road debris...

I had myself talked into behind the seat as it just looked like the best option all the way around so a plasma cutter, a jig saw, a couple wrenches, and a couple hours later and the 15lb bottle fits very well behind the passenger seat... And, the seat will go all the way back. If it weren't for the shiney purple bottle opener, you wouldn't even know it was there climbing in the passenger door.

Thanks for the suggestions! If I had a digital camera, I would have taken pictures of the mods.

Now, I've just got to get the bottle filled
Edited by: sp33d

1 - 5 of 5 Posts