Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to get some thoughts or comments on ordering some N-Fab steps from 4 Wheel Parts.com. Just wondering if anyone had much experience with this company and typical turn around time to getting them in. I ask, because I just cancelled from Cabelas an order of the Smittybuilt Predators because I ordered them back in October and they kept pushing the date out. The last straw was a due date of the end of March.

I am thinking of getting the 4 step for 06 Crew Cab short bed. I was just concerned if anyone experienced any problems getting in or out since it is a limited footing place in comparison to normal tube steps where you can step anywhere?

Any comments or thoughts are much appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have the N-Fab steps that I bought from 4 Wheel Parts. I like them, and I dont have any trouble with the step being too small to step on. But then again, I'm rather small I'm only about 5' 6" tall:D
As for ordering them from 4 wheel Parts, I did place my order from them, but I went to the shop that is about 20 min away to place my order and 3 days later I went to pick them up.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Nfab

I got mine from them. Their shipping is outrageous. Even when they have the Free Shipping sales they ding you for steep handling charges. I go and pick stuff up from them. Its about an hour away, but they always are great with price matching. I like the nfabs but they did need some fine tuning to fit.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I ordered mine direct from N-Fab. Shipping was very reasonable and prompt. Price was also good, they had a discount offer on the website. I really like them, step is the right size and they cover up the frame.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I called to order mine direct from N-Fab, but they actually told me that getting them from 4-Wheel Parts would be cheaper as far as the freight.

It took about 3 weeks, but I had them powder coated to match the color of my truck. The install was a pain in the rear, but not technically difficult. If I had it to do again, I'd still elect to install them myself.

Also, if you look at the step area on a standard nerf bar, it isn't hardly any bigger than the step on the N-Fab bars, so as I'm now getting used to the N-Fab bars, the step area is just fine.

·
Registered
116 Posts
That's strange, aren't they located in Texas?

·
Registered
881 Posts
That's strange, aren't they located in Texas?
I beleive they are in Houston.

I got mine from a buddy that owns a shop in my town for cost :ro)

They are great. If I had to do it again I would get them bedlinered because when they get wet, they get a little slick. My shin is still hurting from the other day...

Fairly easy to install. Did them by myself in a few hours with a drill and a jackstand.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the input. I just put my order in tonight. They told me only 5 days to get here. Again, thanks for the input.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts