Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use this?? My local auto parts store is stocking it now.

Mystik JT-8® Synthetic Blend Super Heavy Duty Engine Oils
Value-added lubricants with a carefully balanced additive system and premium base stocks including synthetic which provide outstanding protection for commercial over-the-road fleets, construction equipment, buses, automobiles, and other diesel or gasoline applications under the most severe service conditions.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Rick, I know a guy in PA that uses it in his Cummings and in all of his farm equipment. He loves the stuff but Ive never tried it.

·
Registered
10,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The price is right, but I'd like a little feedback first. I'm a guinea pig way too often.;)

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Looks like it's owned by Citgo oil company, no info one way or the other if it's good or not.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Joey D;1587842; said:
Looks like it's owned by Citgo oil company, no info one way or the other if it's good or not.
If thats the case I won't be helping Hugo Chavez build up his military!

:boxing:

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
I have only run it in a tractor, and had no problems with it.

·
Registered
590 Posts
We been running there products for prolly last 25 years Hyd oil is cheaper than the oems by far and works just as well. Also use there Gear Oils never had any problems with them. Engine oils we always like their 30 W In the Older Diesel Internationals cause it was easy to find. But We are going to all Fleetguard or Chevron products cause we dont want to support that NUT Hugo Chavez

·
Registered
38 Posts
mx2702001;1588958; said:
But We are going to all Fleetguard or Chevron products cause we dont want to support that NUT Hugo Chavez
:exactly: :beerchug:

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Joey D;1587842; said:
Not going to buy or support anything related to Citgo if I can....

·
Registered
228 Posts
I used it for years with no problems in tow trks & endloaders ,i then switched to rotella because i purch a car crusher that had been broken in w/rotella.i thought mystic was farm & fleet's brand cause they have sold it for years & a F &F employee stated that mystic was their brand,but that's what i get for thinking;)

·
Registered
786 Posts
I have ran the Mystik in all my trucks for about 8 years now. I think its great oil. I actually got 4000 miles between oil changes on my 02 Z71 when I switched from Valvoline to Mystik. With Valvoline I would get 2500 miles before the light came on. When I bought my dmax everyone runs Rotella around here and everywhere I guess but I went to Atwoods and looked at the new JT-8 Syn and thats what I run in it now for 12000 miles I've put on it. I change my oil now every 5k and the light is never on by this time anyway.

Bottom Line Rick=GREAT OIL

·
Registered
68 Posts
Right On!

GChief;1588337; said:
If thats the case I won't be helping Hugo Chavez build up his military!

:boxing:
Like many others, I'll go out of my way and pay more too if thats what it takes.
Screw them commies!:mad:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Weve always ran it in our straight truck at work (DT466E) I know its over 250k right now with no problems. However I run Rotella in my Dmax.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts