Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just went to change my oil and it looks like i'm working on an old detroit! thers oil running on the pass. side from under the vacuum pump somewheres. looks like it could be an oil pan seal. any one have any ideas?

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Turbo oil return?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Oil Cooler lines?

·
Registered
5,861 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
just went to change my oil and it looks like i'm working on an old detroit!
You are working on an old Detroit:D

·
Registered
551 Posts

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
Here is another reason to eventually get rid of the vacuum pump. Anybody ever try to just tighten the worm gear clamps that are on the turbo oil return on the block? It's a little plate where the mechanical fuel pump would go on a gasser with a short rubber hose going to a metal pipe. I was getting a little drip there so while I was under the truck doing other fun stuff I tightened the hose clamps that had lossened a little. What a PITA. When I get some time this summer that vacuum pump (directly in the way) is going and turbo master--boost fooling here I come.

·
Registered
163 Posts
re: Ditching the vacuum pump, solenoid and waste gat actuator

When I get some time this summer that vacuum pump (directly in the way) is going and turbo master--boost fooling here I come.
Don't forget the 92-93 belt. I picked mine up last night at the local Napa store. US$27.39+tax for it. Part # is: NBH25061010 for the vehicle with A/C. Part # withouth A/C is: PBH25061020. Make sure you get the 25 series. The other belt is a much cheaper piece (PBH4061010).

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
No I didn't forget but thanks for the part #s Steve. That saved me a lot of searching.:thankyou2

1 - 9 of 9 Posts