Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum & I hope this info helps some of you other New Chevy/GMC truck buyers like it did for me. I've been shopping for an '04 2500HD for about a month now & I've read a lot of excellent info & insight from this board to help in my choice.

I was using the supplier program so the new truck price didn't need to be negotiated, it just came down to what the dealer would give for my '03 1500 RC Silverado in trade. It's probably no suprise but I was getting some REAL disappointing trade prices! I guess the ads saying how Chevy trucks have the highest resale value only applies when THEY have it on their lot!

It finally came down to 2 dealers that I had working on a deal for me & had them both at about the same trade value but I just couldn't get over how little a year old 14k mile truck was worth to them! I had even thought of buying a '98 2500 just for the occasional tows I needed & keep the '03 for everyday use. Well that's what I told the salesman #1 when he called a week after I let the showroom. His response was "I've got a certficate for another $1000.00 off, would that help?" I say "You bet!" The only catch was they couldn't use it with the supplier program but he offered to sell the truck at invoice, better yet! He says to give him 3-4 days to get things worked out so now I'm begining to think he's full of it or ready to be fired! 3 days later he calls & says everything is set, certificates are available, come on over! Still thinking there's a catch I ask him if all other rebates will work with this "mystery" certificate & he assures me yes, they will.

So another trip to the dealer to write it all up & here's how it all worked out:

Truck price wound up at supplier price since the dealer that had the truck w/options that I wanted wouldn't trade, they would only sell it to my dealer. The difference from Supplier ~invoice was about $140.00.

(CSE) $2500.00 rebate, valid until 3/31/04

(GOR)$500.00 bonus rebate in the SE region, valid until 2/1/04

(NCB)$1000.00 Dealer certificate

Total factory & dealer rebates:$4000.00!

How he explained it is it's a certificate in $500.00 values given to higher volume dealers by GM, I guess they're a trump card the dealer can use at their choice. They can give a maximum of 2 for $1000.00 off an '04 or 4 for $2000.00 off a new '03! This particular dealer had 65 of them available & as they get passed out & fewer are available they're less likely to give more than one out at a time.

So if your on the fence like I was ask your salesman about these dealer certificates, it could be worth $1000.00 or more to you!

As a side note I called the salesman #2 at the other dealership to see if they had any of these "certificates", he said he'd look into it. I haven't heard back from him in a week now! ( he was calling every day!)

Hopefully some of you guys can cash in on these also!

Steve<edited><editID>Steve V</editID><editDate>38011.6380208

·
Registered
509 Posts
Good info to know. Thanks for passing it along and welcome to the 4M!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tony,

The $500.00 Bonus cash (GOR code) is seperate and in addition to the dealer $500.00 certificate (NCB code). The salesman I worked with on the '04 is fairly new in car sales (4 months) & I don't think it's something he was supposed to tell me about. If I remember right when I bought my '03 from a different dealer last year he said he "found" an additional $500.00 in rebates when the truck came in. Looking back it was probably also a Dealer Certificate, he just didn't say & I didn't ask either!

Steve

·
Registered
962 Posts
Interesting...I musta REALLY lucked out with the 5000 in total rebates on mine, like 3000 for being a 2003 HD, 1250 for something else, and 750 for being active duty.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got $4000 total off on my '04 2500 HD last week. $3000 was the cahsback deal, And 2 $500 certificates, Which I had to sign.

·
Registered
227 Posts
There have always been factory to dealer incentives that were unadvertised from time to time. They may be specials for a model or options on that model or for high sales volume or to help a dealer clear prior model year vehicles. The dealer can share them to sweeten and seal a deal or they can hang onto the cash themselves. It all depends upon the situation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts