Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How the Predator Compares With the Stealth

First a little about my truck;
2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LS Crew cab, short bed, 4X4, with the Duramax Diesel and Allison 5 speed automatic transmission. Tires = BF Goodrich All-Terrains 285/75/16” Torsion bar keys, 2 added springs per side in rear, Transmission = Deep pan and Transynd, Gauges = X-Monitor (Pyro/Boost) Pre Turbo ( Passenger side exhaust manifold), AFE II air filter, Banks monster, A.R.E. bed cover, Truck weight = 7280#

The Predator hot program (120+ hp) is much improved over the old 110 hp setting. It runs much cooler then before, has very nice power, good feel, very responsive when passing, and builds boost quickly. However it is still very hot compared to the Stealth 135hp by Quadzilla.

I would like to see the temperature to be a little cooler (maybe 100-200*) under hard runs. I did not get any “over boost” or “map sensor” codes, however I hard a lot of trouble trying to set it up for other then stock size tires. The ABS and brake light came on, but I think it had to do with the tire size being way out of wack. (2,000 rpm at 85 mph with 33” tires) I ended up setting the tire size to 235/75/16 and the speedometer is pretty close.

The temperature today was in the mid to upper 80`s with 15-20 mph wind and 65% humidity

Price: The Stealth will cost you about $150 more then the Predator. If you are a member of one of the Diesel pages, you can save 10% (That is if the deal is still good) I got my Stealth for $536 delivered to my door in 2 days. The Predator was $445 delivered in 3 days. If you don’t mind a little less power, you can get a tamed down Stealth box (110hp max. and a 55hp tow setting) for the same price as the Predator

·
Registered
845 Posts
HdMax/Consumer Reports gave us the low down on that...Nice to hear someone who can give two opinions on two different things....BillEdited by: hoot

·
Registered
262 Posts
Awesome post! Thanks for the indepth review.

Any idea if the Stealth or Predator will work well with the ZF?

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes either one will work great with the 6 speed tranny. And for the power to price ratio, they can not be beat. 120 or 135 hp will wake your truck up like you won't believe. Just about any power adder will work with the 6 speed. The reason the Juice is not desired, is because it can not be set up with the truck. But even the Juice can be set up in an automatic then transfered to the 6 speed truck.

The TST Powermax is a very good choice also. You have a ton of choices when it comes to adding power and torque to your truck.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Just wanted to thank everyone for their input!!!
It really helped me out a lot. And thanks again to Nic for starting the site. Also wanna thank the Mods! Keep up the good work!

Now that I have done all my home work and feel very inlightened by all you guys, I think Im going with the Stealth. Do I want to get the Towing one that is 55-110 or the performance that is 70-135. I know that i obviously want the performance one but how will it be when I start towing?

Do you sugest the BD version of the quad? Any draw backs?

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
The way you guys are talk'in about the Predator just might have to send mine back to check it out ,what could it hurt.....

Where's James ??

Mac

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mackin; contact James, he may come over here. Also let him know you want the update, it may be possible to get it through e-mail. (I am not sure of that, but he has sent me a few updated programs over the net.)

The 120+ hp is a lot better then the old version.

·
Registered
238 Posts
You have to send your unit back to Diablo to get the upgrade. All they require is you paying for the shipping.

Jess

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No you shouldn't have any problems with the 70 hp setting. I bought is directly from Quadzilla, They were (and may still be) giving a 10% discount for diesel forum members. That makes it about $536 delivered in a couple days.

You can not go wrong with the Stealth 135hp. If I had the money, I'd buy the 215hp with the 70,95, and 135 hp settings as well.

I next power enhancement toy will be the hot juice with the monitor. I hope they have it by Oct. 13, 2003 and one of the vendors at the Grand Rapids truck rally has it on hand for a really hard to turn down price.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Im jealouse that you guys have all these get togethers out East. I keep hearing about them and am temped to drive out from Vegas to have some fun. Thanks for the imput!

Very glad to know about the Forum discount!

Mike

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
Yeah,

Us Northeasterners are trouble makers.

We got this guy with a Dooley, always leaving his mark. Picks on the virgins, etc.

He's got a box of parts and some instructions, I might have to go meet up with him later and stop at our favorite "spot".

Last time we were there was not good, something about a camera

Hey, come on out we can show ya some Northern Hospitality.

GMC

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Quad is a distributor for BullyDog. He claims to do his own programming but his dyno charts are the same as BullyDog's so who is really doing the programming....................

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
diesel tech maybe you should do a little more checking before you go misleading people on others products
.i have talked with mike at bully dog before on unrelated issues and he brought up his pup down loader that was going to be released soon
,i mentioned that i was going to get one from quad and he told me that quad had gotten some serious hp out of the tuner ,i ask and was told by mike that the tuning was all his(meaning quads)
..i hope this clears things up for you.by the way no matter who does the programming the stealth totally blew your custom race down loader via ppe away by more than 60 hp on the dyno and i dont even wanna talk about what happened at the track.hope to not russle your feathers but if your gonna dish it you need to be able to take it.....jess Edited by: king d

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
i dont wont to run down the power pup,never ran one , bully dog is a top notch company and have bought from them before,however i have ran the quad stealth and am very happy with it therefor with respect to product and service i say go with the quad.ppe is a performance co on the left coast that sells duramaxamizers and and also sells steve cole reflashes.not to take way from the steve cole products they do what they advertise but most folks dont want to wait months for a product,that can now be delivered next day if choosen.and they dont produce the power that the stealth 215 does

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
.Edited by: sdaver

1 - 20 of 111 Posts