Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am new to the world of diesel performance. i know there is alot you can do with these engines, but i figure that i ask for some opinions here to see what yall can tell me. in the future when i have to money to do it all at once, i want to put exhaust, programmer, intake, etc on my truck. 2004 chevy cc/ sb 2wd. what can yall tell me on what and what not to get for it? what products have the most problems, what products work or dont work great? what will give me the most hp/tq. eventually i just want a screaming demon that those dang rice burners dont have a chance against. i know it takes money, but i just want ideas that will tell me the best. eventually i will get it all. thanks

matt:grd:

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
you can put all the power in the world to your truck, but if the tranny aint done you can't use all your power. That's the problem I'm facing right now. I have an mbrp full exhaust and for $500 fully stainless steel I like it. Edge and Van aaken are good units if your tranny aint upgraded. To get some more replies you should put in your signature which engine you have. lb7 or lly

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
check peoples signatures at the bottom of their posts....all will put their upgrades, some will put track times. if you see fast times, the tranny will have been done. dont make the same mistakes I and most of us made, sunk money into tuners and didnt have a tranny. save your money, get the tranny, then buy programmers etc...

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the info and input. i dont have all of the original paperwork on the truck, but it said it was manufactured in 9/03, so i figure that it is the LB7. where do i go for the tranny work, and about how much does it run me? what all does it do, just beef it up, or what? like i said, i will be asking questions, so please just help me. i am a new diesel man, and i know i have alot to learn.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Pick the tranny that you think will best suit what your final plan is with the truck. Call them and they will point you in the right direction for an installer.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
These guys are right about the tranny, if you want to add gobs of power, the first step would be to do the trans. However if you only intend to run a small tune then your stock trans should be fine, I have the edge/attitude with a stock tranny and it is just fine for the things I do. I am not chasing vettes down the track or anything but I do tow large trailers and kill the occasional ricer. I leave mine in the lower 3 levels of the chip and it is fine. I wish I could get a tranny, but my tranny funds are going to getting married, I would much rather have a tranny than some stupid flowers...

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
your best bet is to go into the allison aftermarket section of this website. Trust me when I say there is a lot of knowledge going on there. Everyday I learn something new and what I should or shoud not buy. Before you even ask a question there do a search first. More than likely your question has already answered. bully dog's right though don't spend big bucks on tuners that you can't use yet. Trust me I know, I got one I can't even use past setting 1.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts