Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was filling up with diesel. Paid and drove off. On the way back to my office I noticed the "limp": 2000 RPM limit, couldn't get over 60-62 MPH, no power. NO CEL. I assumed the fuel was the problem. Took it to the dealer. They determined a valve had malfunctioned in the fuel rail. Their opinion was that it was a coincidence that it happened after filling up.
Covered under warranty . . . no more problem.

·
Registered
142 Posts
It's good to hear a good service department story from time to time!

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
I was filling up with diesel. Paid and drove off. On the way back to my office I noticed the "limp": 2000 RPM limit, couldn't get over 60-62 MPH, no power. NO CEL. I assumed the fuel was the problem. Took it to the dealer. They determined a valve had malfunctioned in the fuel rail. Their opinion was that it was a coincidence that it happened after filling up.
Covered under warranty . . . no more problem.
Was it James Wood?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
james wood, Denton Texas

Yes it was James Wood in Denton TX.
I have bought three trucks from them: 2002, 2004 & 2005. All transactions have been good. I am a big fan of their service dept.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Sooooo, what did they do? Replace the entire fuel rail. Or are the replacing just the valves now?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Replaced the fuel rail and a valve on/in the rail.
gave me a loaner for the day while they did it.
Great service.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Done some work there.....Might as well call it Dallas

·
Registered
122 Posts
The same problem kept happening to me. Usually the dealership would just keep replacing the fuel filter and checking codes. The last time they replaced the fuel rail assembly and said that same valve at the back end of the fuel rail just kept allowing too much fuel to be returned to the tank and the fuel pressure would drop. I'm not sure if the new fuel rail assembly kits have an improved valve or not, but I know this can be shimmied so that it keep the pressure on the rail up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts