Diesel Place banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a duramax and it has 110 000km on it.for 2 weeks i feel that is getting slower.when i drive and the engine is cold i dont feel that fast shifting until is getting warm.it is shifting in higher rpm and is hard.i will change the fuel filter, it only has 5000 on it .the air filter i change it already.can you guys give an ideea what can be?converter maybe?thank you

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
What do you mean by slower? are you racing?

Find out service records. Who knows if the owner before you pulled a overweight trailer all the time and never maintained tranny.

Could be something simple like a complete engine service. (w/ complete tranny and torque convertor flush).

Maintaining these items are imparitive to vehicle performance! Trust Me!

Hope all goes well!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i bought it from gm dealer.i ask for records they didnt give me any,but i phone in quebec and they said the owner they maintained all the time. they use the truck to pull traillers.was1 year old is 2004 and when i bought it has 100 000km.i hope is not the tranny.i am not racing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
my truck was also losing power, and it wouldn't shift when i put the pedal to the metal, the truck couldn't get the rpm to upshift. i changed the fuel filter, problem solved. all it takes is one bad tank of fuel, and the filter is shot. don't go by mileage, but go by how your truck runs.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes could be the filter.because last 3 weeks from time to time i hear some noises coming from the engine and passing awai maybe is 30 seconds on clinking could be the injectors.but i dont like the rough shiftong when is cold the engine. can fuel filter influence that?

·
Registered
9 Posts
the allison doesn't "rough shift" when cold. it will raise the rpm shift point to warm up the truck. once warm, the computer will tell the tranny to shift normal.

·
Registered
9 Posts
cristian,
the first thing i did when i bought my truck was to change all the filters and fluids. since i bought it used, i wanted to make sure everything was new and filled to the proper level. the tranny was expensive, since they have to pump out all the used fluid from the converter, nooks and crannies. the rest you can do yourself. make sure to check the rear differential, mine was almost a quart low!

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
do a vin check on this site to get all the records that have been recorder

1 - 9 of 9 Posts