Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the allison is done, wont hit fifth gear at all, just limps down to third gear and i get the check engine light, is there anything i can do with efi live as far as disabling limp mode, i have to have my truck for work at least through monday, and work involves pulling a 24ft fully loaded 22,000 lb gooseneck. please tell me that someone can give me some advice.....

·
Registered
453 Posts
Yes, you can take your EFILive and put it on a shelf until you get your trans beefed up, especially if you're going to be pulling a trailer that heavy with tires like that big.

What codes exactly are you throwing? Is it P0700 or a P1093 because those are very different. If a 1093 it could be a plugged fuel filter but an 0700 is definitely the transmission chastizing you for abusing it.

To unlimp it, restore your stock program, which should clear all the codes.
Cycle the ignition about 5 times, waiting 15-20 seconds between each cycle.
Go easy on the 4-5, 5-4, and 5th gear roll-on until you get the tranny bulletproofed.

Ben

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did that, about 4 times in a row, and it just limps right away. P0700

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Dissabling the "Limpmode" will not fix your problem, your clutchs are fried, and you will keep on slipping until your tranny wont move at all. Rememeber you clutchs that you have burnt, run the other gears.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
So what you are saying is that, you finished installing your SC IV and you have taken it out and are driving it now and it limps immedietly on the 4-5 shift? If that is the case then something went wrong with the tranny build. EFI Live will not allow you to dissable the limp mode but you can turn the codes off. My best advice would be to run the truck in OD lockout untill you call the company that you bought your parts from and talk to them about why it is limping the 4-5 shift. Other than that your really don't have any options.

Bentley

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
epb091786;1585849; said:
So what you are saying is that, you finished installing your SC IV....
I don't see anything in his post about any Suncoast.

1FastMax;1585695; said:
Well the allison is done.....
Done, shot, blown, useless, shot to sh*t. Not done "installed". Am I reading this wrong?

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Im sorry, I should have cheaked to be sure it was the same person that was posting about building their tranny.

You have no other option but to turn your OD lockout on and drive the truck with 4 gears. If you beat on it much harder, you will start loosing more gears.

Bentley

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
It still wont last long if it limps out of 5th. C2 and C3 are used in fifth togather, but C2 is also needed for 4th and C3 is needed for 3rd and reverse... Wont be long and you wont have them either.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
yeah i know what its like to have a 3 speed ally :)

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
You can reduce power output to lower than factory levels if it's that bad...Lower some cells in B0727...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts