Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2002 with 94,000 miles. It started this morning or I noticed it this morning. Oil pressure was low, fuel was all over oil pan, muffler was coated in diesel from spray while driving. Slight excess vibration at idle. Took into dealer and he is replacing all 8.

·
Registered
20 Posts
me to

just had the same thing happen to me low pressure, losing fuel in oil pan, truck coated with diesel. and warranty replaces all 8.by the way, they said those little injectors were $600 a piece. glad i got that warranty!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Getting mine replaced today also. I noticed over the last couple of weeks the fumes from the exhaust were stronger. When sitting at a red light with the windows down i could smell diesel fumes. Other than that the truck ran great. They are replacing all 8. Mine is an 02 with 72,500 miles.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Pursuit1;1621523; said:
2002 with 94,000 miles. It started this morning or I noticed it this morning. Oil pressure was low, fuel was all over oil pan, muffler was coated in diesel from spray while driving. Slight excess vibration at idle. Took into dealer and he is replacing all 8.
Just wondering. How long have you had the Nicktane Filter on? Mileage between filter changes?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I put the nicktane on around 56K.
I started adding a quart of 2 stroke oil to each tank about 2 months ago (as many here do) to help offset the reduction of sulfur in the new fuel.

Hmm cause or coinsidence.

·
Registered
144 Posts
duramax02;1621742; said:
Getting mine replaced today also. I noticed over the last couple of weeks the fumes from the exhaust were stronger. When sitting at a red light with the windows down i could smell diesel fumes. Other than that the truck ran great. They are replacing all 8. Mine is an 02 with 72,500 miles.
Mine's doing the same thing. Runs great, oil is fine, fuel mileage the same, no smoke, but it STINKS!!!

Have 93k on it now, last set was installed at 78k, and I'm pulling the RV to Florida on saturday for a 2 week vacation!

Man, this injector s#@t is getting old!!!!!:mad: :mad:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Got my truck back today with new injectors installed. Runs great, but still has the same smell of diesel fumes from the exhaust. Maybe thats just normal. Could it be from the lower sulfer diesel?

·
Registered
144 Posts
the ULSD is suppose to run cleaner, right?, but I've seen posts stating that the ULSD will change the exhaust smell, I don't know if that's right or not. I've been running ULSD since november and my exhaust just started stinkin a few weeks ago.

What bothers me is this is the same smell I had when my injectors went last time, without the symptoms, yet!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I the same thing happen too me. Injectors went out allowing fuel too get in the crankcase. I told the dealership that diesel fuel is not a lubricant and that the low oil pressure proved my point. I had 98400 on my truck when it happened and was almost out of warranty. Needless too say when I got my truck back I noticed that I lost some oil pressure."P.s. im a mechanic." The dealership told me the oil pressure was fine and not too worry about it. I called the area gm rep up and complained. They told me too go too another dealership which told me the same thing, oil pressure was ok. Called the area rep back up and told them they were just trying too get me out of my 100000 mile warranty so the engine would be my problem. Well i was right and at 104489 miles the engine lost all oil pressure. I think it spun a rod or main bearing or the oil pump went out. Glad i complained while the engine was under warranty becuase i think gm is going too cover the engine becuase i kept all the paperwork about my complaints and it saved me. Good luck

·
Registered
762 Posts
duramax02;1624268; said:
Got my truck back today with new injectors installed. Runs great, but still has the same smell of diesel fumes from the exhaust. Maybe thats just normal. Could it be from the lower sulfer diesel?
Could diesel fuel have collected in the cat and muffler and is still in there and can't get out???
Just a thought?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Railer24;1635589; said:
Could diesel fuel have collected in the cat and muffler and is still in there and can't get out???
Just a thought?
No muffler and no cat on my Lb7, all free flow.

·
Registered
762 Posts
duramax02;1637580; said:
No muffler and no cat on my Lb7, all free flow.

How loud is the exhaust now. Does it sound good or is it on the obnoxious side.

·
Registered
445 Posts
how does one know when injectors go? Mine seems to be using more fuel lately... and I am worried for my injectors.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Funny thing.. I make that post last night.. this morning I get in my truck and go to take off and hear a distinctive pinging. Drive for about 5 mins and everything smooths out. Go to my in-laws.. check codes.. nada help my father-in-law all day.. he and I head back to town to grab some grub.. and I hear the pinging... It pings.. I drive.. it cuts down power to zilch.. Right after I pull out on the highway. So the truck won't go over 1800 rpms or so, and is driving pathetically. SES light comes on. 202 and 1262.. so truck is at the shop now.. will hear something monday when they open

·
Registered
106 Posts
Railer24;1644898; said:
How loud is the exhaust now. Does it sound good or is it on the obnoxious side.
It sound great. you can hear it in the cab, but it's not abnoxious. With the radio up some you don't even notice it. What I had done is had the factory muffler cut out and replaced it with a 4In IMCO glasspack. Total cost was 75.00 installed.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Devil Dawg;1621689; said:
just had the same thing happen to me low pressure, losing fuel in oil pan, truck coated with diesel. and warranty replaces all 8.by the way, they said those little injectors were $600 a piece. glad i got that warranty!!
Where are you located? SoCali? dealer showed me where they cost $250 @.
Semper Fi

·
Registered
445 Posts
talked to my dealer today.. won't replace all 8 injectors anymore unless fuel in case.. either they will replace my number 2 injector, or my harness..

·
Registered
361 Posts
Porterz. That sucks. Its kinda strange how just the injectors would do that. I would personally look into that a little more. Usually you can drive on "bad" injectors for 1000s of miles. Just a thought....

-Colin

·
Registered
445 Posts
I have to admit it made a SLIGHT pinging on cold days and just figured that was due to the cold. My truck is done, and I will be going to pick it up soon. They replaced the #2 injector I guess.
To be honest I was afraid that the edge might be causing the problem, when I removed it the pinging and noise basically disappeared except when I tried to rev it up and it ended up being limited to around 2500 or 2600 rpms..
Whatever the cause it sure bucked and jumped around a bit, so I hope this fixes it, and if not.. well this work was free... so its on them.

·
Registered
556 Posts
porterz;1653323; said:
talked to my dealer today.. won't replace all 8 injectors anymore unless fuel in case.. either they will replace my number 2 injector, or my harness..
When did they start this? Didn't have a prolem getting all eight replaced last month with no fuel in case.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.