Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well friday night since my car was broke still and it was our carclub track day we went down to NO Problem Raceway Park in Belle Rose, La. its a awsome track when your have a car on slicks and the weathers right
however, the weather was 99% humidity and about 65degrees. then after i got in a dozen runs it started raining so not the best air for sure

R/T .031
60' 2.327:rolleyes:
330 6.580
1/8 10.180 @ 67.86
1/4 15.954 @ 84.07

R/T .017
60' 2.317:(
330 6.569
1/8 10.164 @ 67.88
1/4 15.951 @ 83.82

Never tried with it in 4z4, didnt know if that was such a good idea, but the rear springs are so soft on these new one wheelhop is a biotch:eek:

this was also running on 305" Maxis Buckshot Mudder Tires @ 50psi so im sure that helped alot for my wonderful tracktion problems):h atleast i came away with a 1st place bracket trophy for the night:grd:

so if i can get down to a 2.1 60' i should pull off a 15.55 by dropin the 60', not bad since the trucks only got 5k on the oddometer, hopefull it will pick up a tad bit more as it breaks in. when i got home my power pup was on the doorstep and is now on the truck, results on performance mode comming soon:lol:

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Very consistent times, good work--it looks like the LBZ may become fast when good tuners come out!

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
Not bad for a stock 7000lbs truck.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Awesome times! Were these boosted launches or were you just goin WFO at green light?

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
Since he was in 2wd he couldn't have been boosting too much to launch.

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
but the rear springs are so soft on these new one wheelhop is a biotch

this was also running on 305" Maxis Buckshot Mudder Tires @ 50psi so im sure that helped alot for my wonderful tracktion problems
I'd say the tires were most of your problem over the soft springs.

Get something w/ more rubber on the ground and I'll bet the hop goes away.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
very lil boost on launch, i left at like 1000rpm and rolled into it quickly. im makin some ubolts to clamp the front of the leaf springs like we do on drag trucks to keep that bounce out and ill lower the tires to like 35psi or so, id like to get a 2.1x in 2wd with the power pup one performance

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
those 60' stink, should be around the 1.8 that would bring you way down their

good job anyway, looks like the lbz will be the diesel to beat

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
those 60' stink, should be around the 1.8 that would bring you way down their

good job anyway, looks like the lbz will be the diesel to beat
1.8 in a stock truck in 2wd, um, are you nuts?:lol:

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I have had a best of a 2.07 60 ft with my truck leaving at 4-5 psi in 2wd.

So I think you should definatly be able to get them a little better and pick up quite a bit of ET.;)

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
if you try an boosted 4wd launch you will be getting under 2 seconds for sure

·
Registered
29 Posts

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
use 4wd, hold the brake, and spool up the turbo to 2000 rpm and let go, then hang on and you will have under a 2 second 60' pass

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
That's about what my friend's LBZ ran. He ran a 16 flat with a non-boosted launch.

·
Registered
29 Posts
use 4wd, hold the brake, and spool up the turbo to 2000 rpm and let go, then hang on and you will have under a 2 second 60' pass
lol will a stock duramax do that? and im assuming its not that great for the brakes, transmission and the engine..haha but i'll probly try it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice runs a 4x4 launch would drop that 60' way down nice job .

·
Registered
29 Posts
would a 4x4 boosted launch in Tow/Haul be even faster?

·
Registered
11,953 Posts
Not bad rt's either;) Bet you pissed off some people bracket racing with that kinda dial and beating em :lol: Poor guys musta been waiting forever at the lights for you ):h Oh well, you run your race and they should run thiers ;)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Not bad rt's either;) Bet you pissed off some people bracket racing with that kinda dial and beating em :lol: Poor guys musta been waiting forever at the lights for you ):h Oh well, you run your race and they should run thiers ;)
haha, i race protree competition races, if there is one thing i can do is cut a light:ro)

·
Registered
83 Posts
lol will a stock duramax do that? and im assuming its not that great for the brakes, transmission and the engine..haha but i'll probly try it
LOL, you know once you start, it's all over, J/K

Getting close to the under 15 club, need to get to the track.............

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.