Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this is my first OA so I have nothing to compare to, but here are the numbers:

5602 Miles on Supreme 15w40

23069 Miles on engine
Iron 10
Chromium 0
Lead 5
Copper 15
Tin 3
Aluminum 2
Nickel 0
Silver 0
Silicon 14
Boron 1
Sodium 8
Potassium 4
Magnesium 15
Calcium 2710
Phosphorous 1571
Zinc 1628
Molybdenum 104

Fuel A? not sure what that means</F

·
Registered
713 Posts
Bet your silicon numbers would be smaller with factory airbox/paper filter.

·
Registered
514 Posts
VR, yours looks pretty similar to what my analysis showed for approximately that milage and use interval.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
overall from other stats Ive seen my numbers are actually pretty good. I also had some heavy time on Kennedy's new dyno as well.

As for the foam, well I didn't see horrible numbers vs anyone else's so I don't think it's all that bad.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Victory Rick, Your numbers compare with mine except the additives, but it nis a different oil! I don't know why I never posted it, but my numbers for silicon dropped after I changed my air filter.

I was using an Amsoil air filter and had silicon of 15. I switched to AC Delco paper and it dropped to 10. Same miles.

That is funny, I just noticed that the Amsoil air filter allowed 1.5 times the silicon (dirt) as the OE paper! That is the same ratio I saw with the UNI vs. OEM filter!!! Cool!
Rick, Hope all is well! SPICER

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well one of these days I'll swing by and visit again. Just been a little busy and your hours are a little goofy so it's hard to meet up.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have the stock airbox with Amsoil air filter and my last reading was 6 for silicon.

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
As stated in another thread, silicon numbers are typically HIGH in a Dmax. They will drop as the oil is dumped and/or the crap inside washes loose. Mine started at 68 and did not hit single digits until I hit my 4th change.

Once again, EARLY and OFTEN on the oil changes....

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
I put an original black "oily couch cushion" Amsoil oiled foam air filter on my truck in 2001 at 4,000 miles. I started doing regular oil analysis at 30,000 miles and my silicon numbers have been:

12 ppm @ 30,010 miles

9 @ 38,280

7 @ 45,494

6 @ 52,656

7 @ 61,967

5 @ 67,279

6 @ 75,372

The original air filter was cleaned and reoiled at 38,280

It was replaced with a "new" blue-gasket Amsoil filter at 67,279 which is in the box now and will be cleaned/reoiled/reinstalled in 1,500 miles when I do my 82,500 mile service. I don't see the problem and don't need no steenkin' paper.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts