Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out to go to work this morning, opened the door, and immediately noticed a small (but not that small) puddle of water sitting in my Husky floor liner (thankfully I have them, they keep the water off the carpet).

I just about sh!t... then, as I stepped up on the running board, I noticed a small stream of water draining onto the liner from under the dash near the emergency brake pedal.

Since it was still raining, I didn't take time to crawl around under the dash to see where it's coming from. My guess is that there's a seal that needs to be reseated, the windshield leaks or ....

Anyone got any ideas? I want to get this truck to the service department to get this fixed pronto - all I can see in my future is rust and corrosion under the dash. I live in the southeast, and it rains a lot.

This really pi$$es me off. For what I paid for this truck, the last thing I expect is for it to leak.

Thanks ahead of time,

Chris in NC

·
Registered
275 Posts
NCMax this is just a stab in the dark but does your truck have cab marker lights? They have been known to leak from the factory but I thought they had that fixed on these newer models.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No cab lights. But it does have On-Star and XM radio antennas.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Man that sucks!!! It could also be the seal around the windshield. I would not rule out the On-Star. Good luck and get there ass on the job!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Windshield. I had the same problem on the passenger side. Remove the cowl and add some sealant to the windshield bottom. Simple to fix if you don't wanna waste time with the rig at the dealer.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Ditto, windshield seal on the drivers side, exact same problem as you. I got the dealer to fix it under warranty (AND dry the underlay/carpet, which took almost 2 days)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, gents... I have a feeling you're right. I need to get it to the dealer asap, since I'm driving to Indiana for the holidays.

Appreciate the feedback.

Chris in NC

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Good luck and let us know what they said and did.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts