Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put one in, is it difficult? Does anyone have the part # I would need? How much are they from the parts guy?
Thank you for answering the noobs questions. P.S. I did search.

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
I thought the block heater was standard on all of the Duramax's. But if not, if it doesn't get below 0 degrees where you live, I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I'm still searching for my block heater. The manual says it is "on the passenger side of the engine, near the right engine mount." Heck, I know it's there, I just cannot find it.

Maybe if they made it ORANGE, or something, it would help.:eek: :eek:

Steve

·
Premium Member
14,363 Posts
What you are looking for is a black electrical cord that is wire-tied to one of the wire looks between the engine and the inner fender on the passenger side of the truck.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Go to the dealer and have them show you where it is.

·
Registered
448 Posts
It's there...

·
Registered
693 Posts
Nope its not where the old one was. I found mine when changing out my headlights.

Passenger side, Towards the front pass corner where the fender meets grill. ou can see it by looking straight down

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just went out and found mine but it's not hooked up to the motor or block?Did the dealer forget to install or is there a place to plug it in on the truck?

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Found mine when I removed the fender liner to install the pyro.
Didn't even know I had one, thought, cool...

Of course, the only place I can get power for it is from the inverter sitting in the floor of the back seat :)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hey, found mine, too.

It was bundled up and wire-tied to the big black negative lead to my rear (passenger side) battery. Anyway, it is now found, strightened-out and I wire-tied it to a cool place near the air filter housing. I used red wire-ties, so I can find it easily, next time.

We hunt deer in NE Montana (out of Jordan) around Thanksgiving. We've seen as cold as -30 degrees and -10 is quite common. I always feel good when the rig is in the Quanset hut, plugged in and all cozy.

Steve

·
Registered
693 Posts
I just went out and found mine but it's not hooked up to the motor or block?Did the dealer forget to install or is there a place to plug it in on the truck?
It plugs into an outlet at your house, only when its real cold and not for more than 3 or 4 hours

·
Registered
54 Posts
JAZMAN I understand that but where is it connected to the truck? It looks as tho the cable is just tied up but I don't see it running to the truck anywhere? I guess I'll find out when I un-tie it .Thanks

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Found mine when I removed the fender liner to install the pyro.
Didn't even know I had one, thought, cool...

Of course, the only place I can get power for it is from the inverter sitting in the floor of the back seat :)
We don't need a block heater here this winter! We need an air conditioned garage!
:lol:

·
Registered
693 Posts
JAZMAN I understand that but where is it connected to the truck? It looks as tho the cable is just tied up but I don't see it running to the truck anywhere? I guess I'll find out when I un-tie it .Thanks
Oh, just makin sure, you should be fine then.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Looked for mine a couple days ago, took off the air inlet tubing and it is easy to get to...cable tied to a bunch of wires on inside passenger wheel well. It goes back into the wires it is tied to. Pluged it in last night (it was -14), when i started it in the morning, the glow plug light didn't even turn on. The winter cover also made a huge difference in warming the engine while driving. The winter cover also messes with my thermometer. It reads about 20 degress higher when i start it (must be from the heater) and about 5 to 10 higher while driving. The manual said the cover would do this.

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I havent found mine either..looked 3 times....now that ive read this again Ill go look now!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts