Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a new '06 Sport Red Metallic LBZ Dually with LT3 decor yesterday. I have been watching this site for 6 months now trying to see if the LBZ was the right way to go. I traded a 2001 Dodge 2500 SB Cummins with the 6 speed tranny. It was a great drivetrain. Not the best truck but an awesome drivetrain. Never a single problem and loads of power.

I simply needed more room and more bed as well as the advatage of duals for towing horse trailers.

My first impression is very positive. I have been a diehard manual trans guy so its going to take some getting used to with the auto allison but the power is there. The mpg numbers on the computer look a little scary but I only have 11 miles on the truck. I'm hoping that will get better.

Now the hunt for accessories begins. For starters, does anyone know of any companies that make some nice mud guards for GM dually's ? I'd like to keep this thing looking nice for a while.

BTW, I just wanted to add a plug for Chevy 21 in Hellertown, PA. Great guys. I got a few hundred less than invoice and exactly what i wanted on my trade. They have another one left. Greystone Metallic LT3 Dually. That one drove great as well but I liked the red better, personal preference.

Regards
Mike
Millington, NJ

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Congatulations on the new LBZ, that is oe good looking truck! I just pick mine up two weeks ago and love it.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Congrates On Ur New Truk. I Tell Ya These Lbz's Will Pull The Gates Off Of Hell.man Go To Exterior Threads For Mudflaps.i Think Alot Of Guys Put Duraflaps On.but I Went With Gm Gaurds From Dealer, Anyway Keep Looking Theres Pics Of'em On Guys Trks. Mpg. Will Get Better

·
Registered
122 Posts
Congats on your new truck.I have that color on my 05 Z-71.Very good choice.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Welcome to the site & Congrats on the truck. It looks great!

Bill

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Congrats on the new ride, looks almost as good as my "black" one LOL

·
Registered
354 Posts
as for mud guards i have the husky mud flaps and i love them theyre awesome!!! nice truck i like it and im sorta local to that dealer i haev heard many good things about it

·
Registered
22 Posts
i agree with the manual trans comment. i am going to pick my truck up friday, and i am switching from a cummins 6 speed, to the auto allison. i hope it does well. i haven't been a big fan of autos in the past, but hopefully this will change my mind.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Congratulations!! looks great! I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I know I do!!

·
Registered
298 Posts
LT3 and no XM or Onstar?? I don't see the antenna on the roof. I thought LT3's came with that stuff.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, no XM or Onstar. I was afraid I was going to have to order a truck to get away from paying almost $1500 for stuff i didn't want but I got lucky and found one on the lot with exactly what I was looking for.
Go figure. How often does that happen...

·
Registered
471 Posts
My fuel mileage really sucked too when I first got my LB7 in 03. Winter and engine not broken in were the causes, I got 18 around town (RT 1) and 21 on the highway this summer and still can't believe the town numbers but they're for real and were backed up many times over the summer. Give it time.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Congrats on the new LBZ. Nice color.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Boooyahhhhhh!!!!!! on your new truck. Congrat's!!!Truck on!!!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
What's wrong here!!! I have the same new LBZ in the same color, and my truck looks nothing like your beautiful truck. My looks brownish, with white and black dabs of stuff here and there, and lots of fine cinder reddish brown crap all over it. Maybe it has something to do with it has never been washed and the mud and cinder (icy roads) filth covers everything. Hardly can even see out of it. Must be time to trade it. Your truck looks really sharp.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah, well if it's any consolation those pictures were taken when I got home from the dealer. Later that afternoon I took it out on a muzzleloader hunt here in NJ. Now it's trashed. Blood and hair in the bed and mud all up the doors and rear panels.

Mike
NJ

·
Registered
265 Posts
Yeah, well if it's any consolation those pictures were taken when I got home from the dealer. Later that afternoon I took it out on a muzzleloader hunt here in NJ. Now it's trashed. Blood and hair in the bed and mud all up the doors and rear panels.

Mike
NJ
Very nice truck, I love that color!!! Blood and hair from what????

Rick

·
Registered
27 Posts
The Flaps

Welcome to Duramax, and as it has been said already, nice truck!

For the mud flaps, check out WWW.duraflap.com and keep in mind if you mention you are a memper of this forum, they give you a discount. The price includes shipping, and they have some nice "no drill" sets available. a good example of a rig with these flaps it from the exterior section of the forum is here. http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58568&page=2 .

1 - 20 of 27 Posts