Where did you get the clear headlights?

·
Registered
187 Posts
What kinda grill? Do you have any different pictures

·
Registered
292 Posts
I am looking for a billet grille that does not have the GMC logo and is made of quality materials. Like the one you have pictured ( any better pictures would be appreciated, closeup? ) Can you, or anyone reading this post direct me in the right direction? Will cutting of the grille provide the best results? Thanks
Edited by: LongHaul

·
Registered
290 Posts
He didn't buy those lights, he removed the reflector, I did the same a couple weeks after buying the truck, I baked them in the oven at like 250 for 10 minutes then pryed them apart carefully, pulled out the yellow, and sealed them back together with silicone. They don't leak and look much better without the yellow. I have now seen clear replacements but they are $$$. Either

str8ballerz.com

jpcustoms.com

streetinspiredcustoms.com

·
Registered
570 Posts
Sweet looking, what wheels?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Ltrain

Really like the grill, some pics up close would be great, can you post some? What brand is it?

MB

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Nice!

I like the headlight recipe.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the replys, i will try and get some more pics up this week,

I simply removed the yellow corners from the headlights with a heat gun and put some silicon on them to make sure the seal was water proof.

The wheels are Ultra's.

·
Registered
56 Posts
i couldn't pry them apart. ibaked them at 250 for 10 minutes. any ideas

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
cwolfe said:
What kinda grill? Do you have any different pictures

FYI....

I see there are several request for information on LTrains Grill but he has not answered any so I think I found it.

Go to www.mrgrille.com/ and look under GMC, they run $129.00 but you can go to ebay and find the same grill for a "Buy It Now" Price of $89.00. Come to find out that the ebay seller is the same as Mr. Grille.com.

It appears to be a brushed aluminum finish and it does require that you cut out the GMC logo.

Hope LTrain chimes in here and confirms that its the same grill. Think I'm gonna get me one.

·
Registered
8,443 Posts
Precision Grills also makes a cut out grill. I like them better than the overlay because they sit behind the factory frame and not even with it. You do however need to cut out the factory grill and they have no GMC emblem. I got mine from 4wheel Parts Wholesalers.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
I would like to replace the entire plastic 'chrome' grill and factory frame with alumin or stainless steel. does anyone make this?

·
Registered
56 Posts
You guy's must be smarter than I am.
First I tried your oven method. I baked my lights for 10 then 20 minutes at 250 degrees. No luck. So, I purchased a heat gun. I heated it up so that the black housing turned into putty! I still couldn't pry them apart. I've given up, but I'm curious to know the secret. Please reply

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
leefay said:
You guy's must be smarter than I am.
First I tried your oven method. I baked my lights for 10 then 20 minutes at 250 degrees. No luck. So, I purchased a heat gun. I heated it up so that the black housing turned into putty! I still couldn't pry them apart. I've given up, but I'm curious to know the secret. Please reply

OK

here goes, finally got the chance to do mine.

I ran into the same problems, 250 for 10 minutes I swear the lights were laughing at me.

So crank it up to 275, back in for another 10 minutes. With a wide blade screwdriver I was able to break the edge apart opposite the yellow end. Pulled them apart like you would an alligators mouth, (don’t ask how I know) got about half of it off and decided to put it back in for another 10 minutes. I grabbed both half’s with wash clothes and pulled, they came apart and the yellow section fell out.

Now that the tops are done, anyone know how to get the yellow out of the bottom lenses?? Or can you??? They look to be molded in to me??

1 - 15 of 15 Posts