Diesel Place banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
respect the DB4 5722....
12,490 Posts
got a blazer here we are parting out, can check for these tomorrow, must be there, the shell didnt fly off when we were pulling it on the highway.....:HiHi:
so i checked for the bolts last night, turns out there was a real risk of the top flying off because there is not 1 single bolt remaining....:eek:... sorry kenny...

Reactions: Bigboytoys

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,743 Posts
so i checked for the bolts last night, turns out there was a real risk of the top flying off because there is not 1 single bolt remaining....:eek:... sorry kenny...

Double :eek: Surprised it didn't fly off

·
respect the DB4 5722....
12,490 Posts

·
Forum Troll
5,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
So, my M1009 needs OD...What to do....
I have a spare NV4500 setup minus the clutch pedals and also have a complete TH700 setup from a diesel Blazer....what to do...
I have gotten spoiled with the auto TH400 but need OD as I do alot of highway...
what to do...The TH700 is from an 83 Blazer which as I remember was the earlier troublesome version ??

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,078 Posts
The TH700 is from an 83 Blazer which as I remember was the earlier troublesome version ??
Yes, 87 and up is the improved.

What its from means nothing, as chances are, any 83 will have been changed at least once. You need to read the date code to be sure. The one I pulled from the 84, that supposedly had a rebuild, had a 92 date code.

Did you ever find bolts? I just read that for the first time, I think I have a spare set, but I'm not that great for remembering to ship lol
And for those saying use fender bolts, you don't see to many 2 1/2" long, stainless fender bolts. :whistle:

Reactions: turbovanman

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,743 Posts
Put a powerglide in it :think: :confuzeld :hehe:

Reactions: turbonator

·
Forum Troll
5,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Yes, 87 and up is the improved.

What its from means nothing, as chances are, any 83 will have been changed at least once. You need to read the date code to be sure. The one I pulled from the 84, that supposedly had a rebuild, had a 92 date code.

Did you ever find bolts? I just read that for the first time, I think I have a spare set, but I'm not that great for remembering to ship lol
And for those saying use fender bolts, you don't see to many 2 1/2" long, stainless fender bolts. :whistle:
Thanks, I got a set from a guy on SS.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I remember seeing that on MA cregsList. Looks like a pretty clean truck with some PO hackery. Glad to see it got a good home. I personally prefer a manual but an automatic is nice. Since you already have a nv4500 in your M1008 I would go auto in the M1009. Course it all boils down to intended use.

On a side note if you need any CUCV specific parts (24v gear reduction starter...) let me know. Recently parted a M1028 and have some left overs.

·
Forum Troll
5,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Do you go to the MV rally in Weare in July ?

·
Registered
280 Posts
What is the MV rally (military vehical?) and which Weare? I do most of my wheeling in New Hampshire. Mostly in the Weare Nh area but have been to spots all over the state with a group called exploringnh. We mostly run trails and rocks with a mix of public and private land all legal. I just took an assignment in NY harbor so I don't get to go out as much as I would like to anymore. Daily driving my truck in jersey city is interesting to say the least....... Most people down here just don't get it. Hope to get up to Vermontster and Rausche creek this spring but we will see.

·
Forum Troll
5,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Yes Weare NH and yes Military Vehicles. It is a 2 day event including camp out and trail rides.

·
Registered
10 Posts
For what it is worth, I purchased my M1009 directly from govliquidation.com and found the front brake pads in the same condition on both sides which is to point out the previous owner was Uncle Sam. The truck was 25 years old with 42,000 miles on it but was a mess from abuse and poor maintenance practices, yours could have been victim of the same P.O.

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,743 Posts
Kenny's truck on farcebook marketplace, this truck is bad Censored

1986 Chevrolet m1008
Manchester, CT · about an hour ago ·

$10,000

Seller's Description
I’m thinking about selling my cucv. 10k firm. The body is clean but it has has rockers and cab corners replaced. The bed was replaced with a clean southern bed. New wheels wells, new fenders. The frame was blasted and painted with industrial grade enamel. It has a 6.5turbo diesel with 60k on it. It has a DB2-4911 which was rebuilt with motor install. Also reman injectors. F intake with K47 airbox. The entire motor was resealed. New rear main seal, headgaskets with ARP studs, 8ntake, valve cover, timing case etc. NV4500 5spd. transmission was completly rebuilt before install. Centerforce Clutch. Tires are a year old. 37” Bahas. Full serp belt conversion. Full sweep autometer gauges,including pyro and fuel pressure boost, water temp 12v conversion. New radiator, 99+ waterpump , Duramax HD Kodiak Fan clutch and Dmax 20” fan Airdog Raptor Lift Pump new fuel tank.new brake lines, fuel lines, drums ,rotors ,king pins,drag link etc. new windshield The whole truck was stripped down and primed with PPG CRE 321 and painted with Aervoe with a hardner. This truck has all the strengths and none of the weaknesses of a CUCV. The blackout light system still in and functional. Has glowplug override. It could use a new exhaust. I made the 5” on it and it could be done better. The front seat is pretty beat. I have personally owned this truck for 12 years. It has been all over and can cruise 75mph on the highway effortlessly. It can pull, tow etc. has brake comptroller and class 3 hitch. Also has a plow system which utilizes the front tow bar mounts and can can easily be removed. It has never plowed anything but my driveway and I retired the truck from winter use after the last restoration 3 years ago.

·
Registered
6,198 Posts
Well life starts at 12in of lift & 44’s & locked tons ... doing body work to Honda... just sayin’

Yes, the rad drain... I put a 2in brass double male to a 90 degree, then put the drain plug in that, torch cut the inner fender a bit ... now I just put a 5g pail underneath and walk away.

Next time you change fuel filters, go get the spam cooking spray from the kitchen and use it like ether ... but remove the air filter first ... ya I forgot to tell one guy that .... it’s safe for your engine unlike ether but can’t keep in the glove box in winter cause it freezes.

Attachments

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,743 Posts
Looks like he sold it, someone got a bad arse truck

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,743 Posts
So I was selling another truck and Kenny happened to call me about it.
He said he is gonna miss the M1009.

Reactions: Bigboytoys
61 - 76 of 76 Posts