Diesel Place banner

21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Forum Troll
5,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
what did you pay for it kenny?
3k.
The tub is near perfect rustwise. I have not seen a virgin one that clean around here in a long long time.

I need a drivers side red velour seat from an 88-91

·
Registered
745 Posts
I've got the red velour seats of of that vintage 'burb (pretty sure) that I want to swap for the correct CUCV seats. Do you have the original seats in yours? How's your upholstery?

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,743 Posts
3k.
The tub is near perfect rustwise. I have not seen a virgin one that clean around here in a long long time.

I need a drivers side red velour seat from an 88-91

:eek: Nice score!!! Where did you find it?

That thing has velour seats?

·
Forum Troll
5,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I've got the red velour seats of of that vintage 'burb (pretty sure) that I want to swap for the correct CUCV seats. Do you have the original seats in yours? How's your upholstery?
Unfortunatley, beyond shot. If it's the seat I'm looking for I would buy it outright.

·
Forum Troll
5,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
:eek: Nice score!!! Where did you find it?

That thing has velour seats?
up in Mass.
No I bought a set of seats from a 91 Blazer but the drivers one is bent and ripped.

·
respect the DB4 5722....
12,490 Posts
up in Mass.
No I bought a set of seats from a 91 Blazer but the drivers one is bent and ripped.
we got a pair of grey seats that i could take the covers off, the drivers foam seems to be good, you got a console in there too, got the matching grey one..... also got a real nice complete ATS turbo system that would look/work awesome in there too....LOL

Reactions: ASPHALTVICTORY

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,078 Posts
we got a pair of grey seats that i could take the covers off, the drivers foam seems to be good, you got a console in there too, got the matching grey one..... also got a real nice complete ATS turbo system that would look/work awesome in there too....LOL
The covers are glued to the foam, its not as simple as we would like it.

Reactions: acesneights1

·
respect the DB4 5722....
12,490 Posts
so it would just be taking the cushions complete?

·
Forum Troll
5,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Bingo...Just came back from the Upholsterer and he pretty much said the seat is junk.

·
Let's take the Truck!
5,651 Posts
Nice find. Looking for a blazer myself. Not sure what aaa runs but it was $18 to add roadside on my 94 Dually through progressive ins for 6 months. I asked if there was a cap on miles and they said no? Gotta be a catch.

·
Forum Troll
5,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I think I pay 200$ a year for aaa but that is up to 5 tows a year 200 miles each including my Motorhome and though I have yet to test it, the Deuce.

·
Forum Troll
5,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Ok, so I got a bug up my butt already to lift it. Narrowed my choice down to Skyjacker, Superlift or Zone.
Superlift is the cheapest.Gonna go 4 inch/33s or 35's
Opinions ?

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,743 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Diy4x and ORD get good reviews. 33s are good, 35s are better but can rub with 4inch lift. What kind of ratios and axles do the army trucks have?

·
Forum Troll
5,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I am running 35 bfgs on my M1008 with a 4 inch but they are 12.50s
I'm looking to stay under 500$

·
Registered
280 Posts
For the lift I like DiY4x shackle flip with a zero rate. Then up front used or new 4 inch leaf springs, a raised steering arm, ORD steering box brace, extended brake lines, and bilstien shocks. I ditched the factory sway bar and used ord HD front greaseable shackles.

Alot of this can be found used on CK5, pirate, CL, NCK5....... Which can really bring cost down.

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
I rock a DIY4x shackle flip in back w/ 6" shackles (might go to the 4.5" ones) and some who knows what I really hope they're 4" lift springs on the front. For shocks I use the rear shocks off one of these trucks on the front axle and rear shocks off an 02 (I think) Ford Superduty. All fits pretty well and makes the cost of shocks dirt cheap as well as I can get them at any autoparts store if I need to for some reason.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I remember seeing that on CL. Not sure if it was the guy you got it from or the PPO. Not to many paint the top like that.

I went with a different green on my truck called old army green since OD was so comon at the time. Should make an awesome rig. Heck even a 3/4 ton swap would help a bunch and is an easy way to get better gearing.

21 - 40 of 76 Posts