Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Forum Troll
5,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lol...no not a typo.
Picked up an M1009(Blazer). paint and bodywork is a little rough but the body is rust free. Even behind the seats, the tailgate crossmember etc. I have never seen one so clean around here. Of course the PPO(Previous Previous Owner) painted it with rustoleum and a brush and did some of the worst bondo I have ever seen. I think he mixed the bondo in the dent and just painted over it.
The PPO was a total hack and was supposed to be a mechanic.
It has 64k miles. I did not even make it home. Stopped half way to grab a bite. Went to start it...
Yup...The jerkoff did not properly attach the rear support.
Damn. I was so pissed. Triple aaa worth every penny.
Got it home and outside in the dark in the cold, a bit of good fortune. It came right out..

Attachments

·
Forum Troll
5,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got 18.5 mpg on the way home with the TH400. The future NV4500 swap should bring me to 23+.
Also the PO said it had no heat since he bought it from the ultimate hack mechanic(PPO)...
Gee I wonder why it didn't get any temp up ?

Attachments

·
Forum Troll
5,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BTW, That is exactly how it came off. He actually craked the housing down on it with it off center like that and made a gasket out of cardboard and tons of snot. This guy should have his Harbor Freight tool box taken away.

·
Forum Troll
5,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This story should go in the facts section along with starter brace
Yeah, for sure.
Normally when I buy a 6.xxx first thing I do is check for that and replace the starter bolts with factory new GM ones as good practice. Damn I got lucky. I'd say 1 in 10 actually come out nicely.

·
Forum Troll
5,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The new Daily driver.

Attachments

·
Forum Troll
5,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was also losing power bigtime on the highway when I tried to pass. I changed the fuel filter tonight and seems better. I will perform an autopsy on the old FF tomorrow.

·
Forum Troll
5,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Of course it needs a lift, 8 lug swap,etc etc. Nice new OD paint job come spring..

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Why cheep on a stupid paper gasket they're like 90 cents:confuzeld

Any more handyman fixes:popcorn:

·
Forum Troll
5,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The box filter? You would be amazed at how small the filter actually is.
yeah, I wanna ditch it eventually. I friggin airlocked the truck changing it...:(

·
Forum Troll
5,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Time will tell...I am certain I will find more...

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
Hell, I bought about 10 of them for 15 cents because they were 15 cents. Hell, I have nothing to use them on anymore! LOL! Nice looking truck though! Id keep the 6 lug stuff, it aint that bad :p

·
Forum Troll
5,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have had bad person experiences with 6 lug. Between tiny wheel studs that break and having your wheel and axle pass you I pretty much am done with c clip diffs.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Not a bad lookin M1009. Its a shame that the PPO got his hands on the thing. I have faith in your ability to get her going strong again!

·
Registered
9,976 Posts
Wow, nice on the starter bolts, that could have been ugly.

Why, because whatever you have around the house sealer is free!!! :whistle: :hehe:

Reactions: acesneights1

·
Registered
214 Posts
OD Paint

Of course it needs a lift, 8 lug swap,etc etc. Nice new OD paint job come spring..
What brand OD paint are you going to use? I assume that it will be the same shade as the M1008 behind it in the picture? This coming spring/summer mine will be getting OD as well.

·
respect the DB4 5722....
12,490 Posts
what did you pay for it kenny?

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
This story should go in the facts section along with starter brace
I've always wanted to say that, seriously that bracket is damn near like life support for the 6.2/6.5. You take a hell of a gamble leaving that precious bracket off. People need to know that info when they buy one of these rigs.

·
Forum Troll
5,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What brand OD paint are you going to use? I assume that it will be the same shade as the M1008 behind it in the picture? This coming spring/summer mine will be getting OD as well.
I used Aervoe. So far so good. Stay the hell away from Milspray.
Alan Haage paint supply sells the Aervoe in Gallons.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts