Diesel Place banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This afternoon i walked by my truck and when i was in front of it a heard the loud sound of my horn. I checked to make sure no one was playing games on me in the cab. It started this afternoon and has honked a few more times randomly. I think she's sad about something... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
83 Posts
This afternoon i walked by my truck and when i was in front of it a heard the loud sound of my horn. I checked to make sure no one was playing games on me in the cab. It started this afternoon and has honked a few more times randomly. I think she's sad about something... :rolleyes:
Its obvious she's a little horny......Maybe get her a nice corvette and raise a mini-van or two......:lol:

Seriously, could someone be arming the alarm by remote? I used to do that to my young son, and had him fooled for almost a year! Now he waits for me to have my head in the engine doing service, and being the son of mine that he is, pushes that nice little red button on the remote!!:muahaha:

·
Banned
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have both key fobs... and i was the only one home... no idea what is behind it???

·
Registered
158 Posts
Lonely up there where you are?:pshyco:

·
Registered
897 Posts
I have had that happen with stuff in my pocket hitting the keyfob buttons as I walk. Did you have any fobs with you at the time?

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
you could have a neighbor with a remote on the same frequency... my old HD's remote was the same frequency as my neighbors Crown Vic... each time I would unlock my doors to leave at 6:am... I would set off their alarm.. took me a while to make the connection.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Have you ever seen the movie Christine? Just keep her waxed and happy.
I used to tease my kids by setting off the alarm if they were playing too close to the truck. It still makes them jump a little after all this time. Maybe someone else's fob is a match to yours? maybe? Mike Z

·
Registered
500 Posts
Your truck must like you. ;)

Maybe something hit the key fob while it was in your pocket?

·
Registered
897 Posts
truck wants to play

·
Registered
664 Posts
My 03 does the same thing every now and then. Horn sounds 4 or 5 times each time. No one else has either key fob when it happens either.

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Never had my truck honk at me. However when I was cleaning a goose I'd shot a couple months ago, it started honking at me, even though it had no head or neck :eek:

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
my truck's panic alarm will go off sometimes when my keys are sitting on the counter and out of range of the truck maybe 2 or 3 times in the last year!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a dealer installed alarm on mine and a neighbor said it would go off in the middle of the night. They would go out and check and couldn't see anybody messing with it. One day after a below zero night, the dash lights started flashing like crazy. Come to find out, the goober that put the alarm in had it wired wrong. The alarm company ended up paying for a new BCM and an alternator wiring harness and a new alarm. Could be a gremlin or a goober...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts