Diesel Place banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

Registered
Well I can say I got an email from what I assume to be his sister. She did send me a scan of his death certificate and ask that I transfer the truck into his friends name. I could be an arse and say that sounds like you are trying to avoid probate fees and taxes but will comply none the less. We want the truck gone. It is taking up some real estate here.
As Ron Nielsen said...exactly the case.

I am another 6.5/Q7 owner. Bought the first '14 used (from your neck of the woods) for my wife but it got centerpunched by a 3500 Cummins Ram and written off. We liked the car/SUV so much I looked for another and stumbled across the last new '15 in Canada. Had it 15 months now, and couldn't be happier. It easily outhauls my K15 for towing. Part of the appeal is, as you note, the extended warranty, so mine will be the first vehicle I have ever owned that will stay bone stock for quite a while. Got my buddy in Kamloops looking out for a long box K25 as my '97 K15 body is rusting away to nothing (as in no longer legal).

Premium Member
1995 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 6.5 TD
So we have an update on my truck. I had it listed for 2800.00 I took a 400 deposit on it and gave the buyer 2 weeks to pay it off. They did so within days. Gotta like that. He wanted to transfer it later in the week. I then get an odd email from some dear friend of his that he passed away. Then I get a voice mail to call this woman. I waited a day so I could discuss with my wife on options. Almost like I knew what was coming. I replied by text saying I did not want to talk but wanted a written record of all conversations. She emails me and says the buyer passed away and he was living with her. She goes on to say his sister will most likely execute the estate and that they had talked and decided the simple solution would be to refund the money since the buyer passed. Yup Expected that. I took the 2800 and paid down my loan. Anyhow she also apologized in that email if she sounded off on her 2nd voice mail. I replied that I did not know about the 2nd voice mail but I KNOW NOW and replied in those same CAPS. Told her no one threatens me with the police and tells me they have a legal case. Told her the police will tell her it is a civil matter and I have committed no fraud, no criminality and would like to know what she is talking about. I also said Straight up. There will be no refund. In fact I now consider it to be an abandoned sale due to mould issues. And that I would resell the truck. She beaks off about my response being unconscionable and downright mean and that I am stealing his truck. I then told her to have a lawyer contact me to facilitate the transfer of his truck. I also said time is of the essence and I would not sell the truck for 30 days. I also said it is occupying some real estate here as well. She then texts me that she will come and get it. I said not happening. I also told her I did not know who she is and that she could be a 3 month girlfriend and that the buyer might have kids that are legally entitled to any assets he may own. I am not sure what to make of the whole situation. But it is a true story. My wife suggested I offer to sell the truck for them, I could get more as I have receipts and can prove I owned it for many years. Told the wife no guarantee of 2800 for them. She said send them a redacted copy of the transfer to any buyer which shows the purchase price and that you take the first 10% as a sellers fee. I will wait for a lawyer first and deal with that person. They can pass the offer on. Oh, and a side note. The Q7 has an oil leak. I have stains in my driveway. Good news is Audi gonna warranty the repairs. Engine needs to be removed for that. Read up on VW / Audi dieselgate. My Q7 has an extended emissions warranty for 3 years 4 months or another 70,000 KM's. Covers the turbo, All emissions components and the long block. lmao馃
You may want to chain the truck to a tree to prevent it from being stolen, anything is possible.

Registered
1993 chevy silverado c3500 crew cab dually
Drop it off at the property and mail they keys and pink slip to the lawyer

Registered
You need to identify and VERIFY who is the executor of the will, as they are the only one(s) who can act on behalf of the estate of the deceased. They will also have to (and if legally appointed they will be able to) fully document that. You have no need to see a death certificate, just legal recognition of executor.

Registered
Discussion Starter #25
I have seen a copy of the death certificate and believe it to be authentic. The buyer and I did talk about our ages and his is listed. The sister also sent a link to her lawyer who is dealing with the estate. I did email the lawyer asking if it was legal and proper to transfer the truck to the buyers friend and he said he was asked by the executor to issue those instructions if questioned. I told them I will comply but would be away on holiday until July 6th at 2pm and they can pick the truck up at that time. Told the lawyer due to mould and bad batteries, They may want to get it towed. I am tempted to offer whomever shows up 1200.00 cash and when they go off about he paid 2800. I will just say. I know the history and have many receipts for what is in the truck as far as engine, heads, tranny, diesel tune, brakes, repairs and the list goes on for 20 years. She has nothing and I owe her no paperwork.

Registered
1995 GMC Suburban
Sounds like it is resolved. I guess, we just have to wait till July 6.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts