Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be my final posting on this site. I cannot thank the long time members for helping me when my truck gave me issues. I bought the truck in 2002 and it is now DEAD. The engine runs, The tranny is fine, The rear end is fine and if I wanted I could probably drive it for another few years. I was off work for 6 months and the truck sat over winter. I kept the battery charged and I guess after firing it up every two months some homeless *** decided to leave my door open enough to get some moisture in there and it is full of MOULD. I looked at buying another truck but figured I can get more car with the same money. I don't need a truck. We have a utility trailer. I picked up a 2010 Audi TDI diesel 3.0 and it has 406 torque. Now I get to chip it. If anyone in Surrey BC needs parts including a non waste gate turbo for the 6.5 I will be parting it out. Best of luck to all. It has been nice.

Reactions: pahl

·
Administrator
15,992 Posts
Sorry to hear that news.

You should make it a project and over time, remove the interior, wash down the cab to get rid of the mold and find a donor to pull a new interior over to it.

·
Registered
1995 GMC Suburban
17,795 Posts
Sorry to hear another one byte the dust.

Best of luck in your venture with the VW.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
...I'd just pull the interior and run it with out one. Just need the seats.

:thumb:

·
Registered
208 Posts
That sucks about the truck, but I definitely understand the Audi TDI choice! My buddy has a 2014 A6 TDI(pre government modified) and the 2015 Q7 TDI(post gov modified). He bought the VAG which is so much better than the domestic scan tools and is highly recommended for German vehicle owners. Furthermore, since the A6 is a salvage/rebuilt car, he chose to eliminate the particulate filter and add a tune. That thing launches amazingly with that AWD! Now I want an A7 TDI! Good luck moving forward!

Reactions: edzzed

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. Stick around your experience is valuable.

·
Registered
1993 chevy silverado c3500 crew cab dually
1,176 Posts
Interior is easy to fix. If she runs mechanically than IMHO I say raptor line the floor and keep her going. Cheap. A few hundred dollars gets you a new floor carpet and underlayment mat. It's a shame to let her go. And more a shame to lose you. But good luck in your ventures should you leave

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess I am still here. Truck is sold. Took 2800.00 for it. In reality the truck has 305,000 KM's on it yet the vin check says new engine at 56,000 KM's I am really liking the Q7, It drives very nice and is stable at highway speeds. Also very firm on cornering for a 5500 lb SUV. Fill up 26 gallons and the dash tells me 890 KM's to empty. Just installed a factory hitch on it. Need to tow our utility trailer and also have a 12 ft boat trailer. Sold my automatic boat loader. (load it industries) for 1400.00 That brings the cost of the Audi down 4200 from 13 grand so really got it for 8800.00 I do have a small oil leak which should be covered under the TDI - dieselgate scandal warranty. We will find out. Did the hitch install in just over 2 hours. Funny tidbit. The Q7 has 221 hp and 406 torque. My heath tune added more torque than HP yet a TDI tune will only add 39 hp and 12 ft lb's torque. I asked the tuner if you'd even feel a difference. He said most of the power is under the curve and top end power is improved a fair bit. Makes zero sense when it is backwards to me as in one adds more HP the other more torque.
20200320_131854.jpg
2020-05-18 13.03.18.jpg

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hitch job.jpg

Reactions: OkDually

·
Administrator
15,992 Posts
Nice looking Q7
:cool:(y)

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I do like those. ESPECIALLY with a diesel

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So we have an update on my truck. I had it listed for 2800.00 I took a 400 deposit on it and gave the buyer 2 weeks to pay it off. They did so within days. Gotta like that. He wanted to transfer it later in the week. I then get an odd email from some dear friend of his that he passed away. Then I get a voice mail to call this woman. I waited a day so I could discuss with my wife on options. Almost like I knew what was coming. I replied by text saying I did not want to talk but wanted a written record of all conversations. She emails me and says the buyer passed away and he was living with her. She goes on to say his sister will most likely execute the estate and that they had talked and decided the simple solution would be to refund the money since the buyer passed. Yup Expected that. I took the 2800 and paid down my loan. Anyhow she also apologized in that email if she sounded off on her 2nd voice mail. I replied that I did not know about the 2nd voice mail but I KNOW NOW and replied in those same CAPS. Told her no one threatens me with the police and tells me they have a legal case. Told her the police will tell her it is a civil matter and I have committed no fraud, no criminality and would like to know what she is talking about. I also said Straight up. There will be no refund. In fact I now consider it to be an abandoned sale due to mould issues. And that I would resell the truck. She beaks off about my response being unconscionable and downright mean and that I am stealing his truck. I then told her to have a lawyer contact me to facilitate the transfer of his truck. I also said time is of the essence and I would not sell the truck for 30 days. I also said it is occupying some real estate here as well. She then texts me that she will come and get it. I said not happening. I also told her I did not know who she is and that she could be a 3 month girlfriend and that the buyer might have kids that are legally entitled to any assets he may own. I am not sure what to make of the whole situation. But it is a true story. My wife suggested I offer to sell the truck for them, I could get more as I have receipts and can prove I owned it for many years. Told the wife no guarantee of 2800 for them. She said send them a redacted copy of the transfer to any buyer which shows the purchase price and that you take the first 10% as a sellers fee. I will wait for a lawyer first and deal with that person. They can pass the offer on. Oh, and a side note. The Q7 has an oil leak. I have stains in my driveway. Good news is Audi gonna warranty the repairs. Engine needs to be removed for that. Read up on VW / Audi dieselgate. My Q7 has an extended emissions warranty for 3 years 4 months or another 70,000 KM's. Covers the turbo, All emissions components and the long block. lmao🤑

·
Administrator
15,992 Posts
Just be careful with that.. Make sure anyone who shows up claiming to be related is verifiable to the deceased. You may want to consult an attorney to protect your end

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I have had similar. Have a sherrif there as a sign of protection and the sherrif will scare the sheets off any wanna be. I have officer friends and they would just stand and watch. Best damn cases of beer I ever bought.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I can say I got an email from what I assume to be his sister. She did send me a scan of his death certificate and ask that I transfer the truck into his friends name. I could be an arse and say that sounds like you are trying to avoid probate fees and taxes but will comply none the less. We want the truck gone. It is taking up some real estate here.

·
Registered
7,396 Posts
I would confirm the death as to date published. Check death out and maybe find the obituary out as to next of kin.Truck really belongs to the estate.. You transfer this vehicle to someone else and it could possibly end badly.. Might consider this as an abandoned vehicle and go through the paperwork to get the vehicle back legally. Then sell it to his sister if you can confirm this as so. The whole story seems a bit fishy...Sell vehicles for full cash upfront as you well know now. Lots of scams out there.

·
Administrator
15,992 Posts
^^^^X2 on what DieselPro stated.^^^^^^^^^
Request a certified copy of the death certificate from the sister or other family member.
Verify the death by other means, ie. obituary, police report, news article ,etc..
Do not accept any scans.

·
Registered
7,396 Posts
I say scam. Who makes a full payment and then wants to transfer it later? I once had a buyer try to get me to date the transfer a week after the sale. Never figured that scam out as I refused to fudge on the dates and the DMV won't either. Illegal in most states.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Truck really belongs to the estate. You transfer this vehicle to someone else and it could possibly end badly.
You sold the truck and were paid for it. It's not your truck, it's the buyer's truck and the buyer died before he registered the truck in his name. It belongs to the estate of the buyer and laws in your state will determine who can execute legal process and register or re-sell the truck. If a will exists, the will tells the court how to distribute assets of the estate; if no will, laws of intestate secession will determine the rightful owner(s). May be his sister, mother, children, etc but varies by state.

Needless to say, this leaves you in a sketchy situation. You could contact and attorney and ask what to do but that comes at a cost. May be your best choice in the situation.

Reactions: Sparkys Tacoma
1 - 20 of 26 Posts