·
Administrator
20,203 Posts
Welcome to DieselPlace
(y)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey just bought my first diesel (2021 Silverado 3.0 Duramax) been doing the research into them for a while now and I'm just coming here to get any pointers or advice from the people driving them longer than me. Any thing you think I should be aware of? Thanks
Drive it like you stole it...lol. Only thing negative I have noticed is oil for it is not always easy to get so plan ahead when it's time for service, even the dealers are scarce on dexos d oil. If you tow heavy loads it rips through Def pretty fast as well. I did a 500 mile loop pulling 7800lb travel trailer and I burned a whole tank of Def. You will appreciate the truck more and more everyday as I do; these 3.0l diesels are absolutely awesome. I have owned gas half tons for 30 years and driven every brand. I drive and use my trucks like they are meant to be used, hauling heavy loads, playing in mud, towing trailers and pushing them all to their limits. I have never pulled a trailer with so much confidence and authority as this diesel does. This thing feels like you got 3/4 ton motor performance in a 1/2 ton body. I added an AG Diesel Solutions Module to my truck which makes it even better but either way you can't beat the awesome power and fuel economy of this truck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts