Diesel Place banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all! I'm new to the site and loving this place. I have learned more about diesel engines in the past two months on the site than I thought I would ever know. I have never owned a diesel before, but bought a 5th wheel camper so I needed something bigger than my "01" GMC 1500 gaser. I ordered a "04" GMC 2500HD CC/SLT/SB/4x4/DA on November 3rd. I picked the truck up last night!! Wow, what a machine!! I just can't stop
ing!!

Other minor information some of you might like to know from my readings here. MSRP was 48K + change, I paid 43K +change. It has the LB7 motor. I've been reading all the discussion on injectors and it has sent me on a roller coaster ride each time. I've decided I don't give a darn. I'm going to enjoy this truck, do my regualr maintence and go from there. If I have problems that's what a warranty is for, I'll deal with them! If they are too bad down the road, well I guess I'll check into a new one at the time to see what the talk is.

Howard thanks for the offer on the certificate, it wouldn't of made a difference for me. But again, thanks! Now I'm going to go back out into the garadge and look at my new truck!!!!!!!!

Warden

·
Registered
570 Posts
Congrats Warden,

What color did you get?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Silverbirch Metallic w/graphite leather.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Another Happy Father!

Congrats on the new addition and Welcome to the Forums!

I myself know the feeling your going through as my baby is 1 week old today.

Your grin won't wipe off for about 6 months. Then it will only go down to a smile.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Congratulations Warden! Good choice of color
(that was my first choice, but it didn't work out).

Josh

·
Registered
125 Posts
Warden,

Good for you with the new Family member!!!!
Like some of the others, mine is now 3 weeks old with 325 miles......just a baby..
I've washed it more than I've driven it!
Put 4 coats of Zaino on it over the weekend..
Good Luck Two Dogs

·
Registered
570 Posts
Warden said:
Silverbirch Metallic w/graphite leather.

I almost went with that color. It took me three weeks to make up my mind on the color. I even have thought about changing to Silverbirch but now that I have my TPW I'm sticking with white.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Congratulations on the new truck...the more you lookand drive , the more you'll realize it is the right choice. You will continually get compliments, looks and you will heAR "MAN LISTEN HOW QUIET IT IS' by others at the pumps. like you , i cant be worried about stuff...its the state of the art truck..just enjoy it...i still think its hard to beat gm..good luck with your neww rig...mines almost a year old and i can never get enough of it

·
Registered
93 Posts
Congrats on your new ride Warden.My truck now has 1500 miles on it and I think I have smiled every single mile.Now if I CAN ONLY GET IT AWAY FROM THE WIFE!!!!!!!
After break-in take it out and let it gallop she'll make yu smile even more....

Tomslick24

·
Registered
288 Posts
KNOW THE FEELING 200 MILES ON 2500 CC SB SPORT RED. SEEMS TO BE TO GOOD TO BE TRUE THE WAY IT FEELS

·
Registered
245 Posts
ditto on the loving my new truck. I got my '04 CC/DA/4wd in Nov. and have already put 2800+ miles on it. A few long trips in state and I've been sold on this beast. Even volunteered to move my bosses daughters stuff to Phx. on New Years day with the toy hauler. Any time I can get to pull my trailer with it I jump at it.

As a note I went by my dealer and nocited my 2002 8.1L sitting in the used lot up for sale. Funny to see what they do to a trade in. New logos, buffed out all my Arizona pin striping, and even pulled the cactus needles out of the spare tire. Gee that was nice of them. Although it was my first HD I don't miss her that much. My new toy is keeping me happy.

cmc

·
Registered
612 Posts
contratulations Warden ....
... welcome to the club

Jim

B

·
0 Posts
Well I thought I would put in my 2 Cents. I got mine Dec 12th, a Used 2001 CC Dmax/Alison. I catch my self looking for resons to drive it " Babe do you need anything trom the store?", "I'm going to the mail box" any excuse will do. I have never driven a truck with this much POWER. iT IS sooo easy to light the wheels up, too easy some times I even do it when Im not trying to.
I have always been a Ford Man (don't Rag on me too much) but after driving them both there was no choose as to which one I liked. I had to swallow my pride and take some serious ribbing from my Partners, about buying a chevy. But it's been WORTH it. I wouldnt change a thing.

One last thing Happy new year to all, may god bless your familys and all you do in the new year. There are some GREAT people on this forum. I applaud you all. Thank you Saguaro Kid.Edited by: Baloo

·
Registered
86 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS WARDEN on the purchase of the one of the finest diesels made on the planet. I too just bought mine about six months ago and I love it. Nothing in the world like owning the highway. Take care and remember Real Trucks don't have spark plugs..... Drive on!

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I'm brand spankin' new here to this "Place".

I've been a Chevy truck owner for 30+ years and I'm about to purchase my first diesel.

I'm lookin' to purchase a 04 LT DMax (LLY) CC ShtBx 4X4 in Summit White. So far my best deal I've found is from CarsDirect.com is a MSRP of $47k for $40k here in Northern CA.

Any suggestions how I might do better??

Thanks, Steve

·
Registered
600 Posts
Hi Warden,

Hope you're still enjoying the new D/A as much as you were a few weeks ago. A suggestion: Check the rear differential immediately, many seem to be down a couple quarts out of a 4 quart capacity.

Enjoy!

Jim

1 - 17 of 17 Posts