Diesel Place banner

101 - 120 of 156 Posts

·
Administrator
17,724 Posts
Hello men, well as I was doing the glow plug removal. I found a ground on the passenger side on the frame not connected. I tried looking it up all I found was it goes to the manifold. Could any one of you fine sirs point me in a more detail way to as where exactly it goes. I see one end goes the the fire wall. Any help would be greatly appreciated like always.
Here is a link with pics regarding grounds:
http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/63...-grounds-grounds-importance-good-grounds.html

Reactions: Notorious

·
Registered
140 Posts
There should be several ground wires attached to a stud on the right rear of the manifold. Attach it there. It would be a good time to remove all the ground wires and clean them.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
I have to order some ground straps from online, NAPA didn't have any in stock. I'll have to remove the inner fender again to make it easier, now looking back I should of just cleaned it and prepped it today.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Does any one know the length of the grounds straps? I seen he said one was 14 inches long. How about the other one

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
The body and frame grounds don't need to be in that awful location and don't need to be the flat straps that corrode.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Antifreeze smell

Ok so a week ago I was pulling a bus that was stuck and it the process of doing that I got a small of antifreeze, temp gauge was fine, I was sent flooring it or red lining it. Any ideas or is that normal. I check the coolant it was a little low like a 1/8 or 1/4 of a jug. Should o be concerned? I'm thinking of possibly doing a radiator upgrade if need be.

·
Registered
1995 GMC Suburban
17,983 Posts
Ok so a week ago I was pulling a bus that was stuck and it the process of doing that I got a small of antifreeze, temp gauge was fine, I was sent flooring it or red lining it. Any ideas or is that normal. I check the coolant it was a little low like a 1/8 or 1/4 of a jug. Should o be concerned? I'm thinking of possibly doing a radiator upgrade if need be.
Check all the coolant hoses and the connections.
The leaks are usually barely noticeable or make it to the ground since coolant will evaporate as they are leaked.

It is also difficult to get the air out of the coolant system.

Please don't be trigger happy to replace radiator since there is really no upgraded radiator for this truck. All the one available now is actually a downgrade with lower quality. Unless you know the radiator in there is really really really bad like leaking.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Check all the coolant hoses and the connections.
The leaks are usually barely noticeable or make it to the ground since coolant will evaporate as they are leaked.

It is also difficult to get the air out of the coolant system.

Please don't be trigger happy to replace radiator since there is really no upgraded radiator for this truck. All the one available now is actually a downgrade with lower quality. Unless you know the radiator in there is really really really bad like leaking.
Your are right man better be patient. Same thing my co worker said was to keep driving it and keep a eye on it. He asked me when the last time I checked it and to be honest I don't recall doing it right away when I first bought her like two months ago. I am planing on doing the radiator flush and change the thermostat

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,654 Posts
Everyone says AC stats only, this should have 2. The AC ones come with the new O ring gasket things so you don't have to worry about goo or waiting for it to dry.

Clean the threads on the bolts really good. There isn't much room to work so you want them to spin in by hand as far as possible.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Everyone says AC stats only, this should have 2. The AC ones come with the new O ring gasket things so you don't have to worry about goo or waiting for it to dry.

Clean the threads on the bolts really good. There isn't much room to work so you want them to spin in by hand as far as possible.
Will do I'm going to order them of Leroy Diesel. Gotta get a boost bolt for the gauge i want to install as well.

57diesel, is it something I should be concerned about. The smell i mean? I haven't smelled it again and will drive her tomorrow see what happens.

·
Registered
5,654 Posts
You can get cooling system pressure testers as low as $30 especially if it doesn't come with a million adapters. You just screw them on in place of the cap and pump em up to 15 psi and see how long it takes to bleed off. If its fairly quick you should be able to craw around and see something. With the engine cool you won't have the issue of it evaporating if its a very minor leak.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
You can get cooling system pressure testers as low as $30 especially if it doesn't come with a million adapters. You just screw them on in place of the cap and pump em up to 15 psi and see how long it takes to bleed off. If its fairly quick you should be able to craw around and see something. With the engine cool you won't have the issue of it evaporating if its a very minor leak.
So if it takes a while to bleed off it's Ok? Or should it not at all if it's Good?

·
Registered
5,654 Posts
I don't know what the official rule is but what I usually see its it will not loose anything for several hours. Overnight it may drop a couple pounds. Next day or even days later it will still have a couple pounds of pressure.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Any you guys know of any good exhaust system replacement kits, that you recommend?

·
Administrator
17,724 Posts
Any you guys know of any good exhaust system replacement kits, that you recommend?

Diamond Eye, 4" Turbo back exhaust..

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
Big shout out to Bk95td and every one else for all the advice and guidance.
I ordered the exhaust system on Wednesday and it's here now really fast shipping from Summit Racing.
I'm really excited to install it, as my old one fell off on the drive to work in Monday morning, I was wondering why every one was giving me so much room and what the grinding noise was,nice way to start the week. Thanks again BK95td for the list one supplies I would need. So tomorrow I'll be up early to start the install, I wish I would of gotten a tip. Might get one now :)

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Getting the bolts out of the crossover is usually the worst part. A sawzall makes pretty quick work of getting the old system off.
You will need to cut the straight piece of pipe to length.
The band clamps allow you to easily hang and adjust the pipes. Don't bother with the front hanger shown on the sheet. It won't work and is not needed. Some WD40 makes it easier to get the OE hanger rods out of the rubber block.

101 - 120 of 156 Posts