Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Glad to be here and talk about Diesel Trucks.

I bought my new 1996 Chevrolet Silverado last week in Houston off of eBay and made it home to SE Michigan 28 hrs later. The Chevy has the 6.5L and has 92K miles. I'll try to post some pics in the Garage section...

I'll be using the Silverado to tow my Oldsmobiles. I have several...
- 1970 Olds Cutlass Supreme (Drag Only)
- 1972 Olds 442 W30 (in Restoration)
- 1972 Olds Cutlass S (in Restoration)
- 1987 Olds Custom Cruiser (the "Draggin' Wagon")

Here is a link to my CarDomain site:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/407873

I want to do some upgrades to the performance of the Diesel, increase the mileage if possible. I got 15 to 16 mpg running around 2500 rpm.

Looking forward to looking at the rigs here and sharing pics of mine.

Regards,
Mike

·
Registered
500 Posts
Howdy and :welcome:

·
Registered
145 Posts
:ro)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Welcome aboard and sounds good on the Old's Party.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
:welcome:
Good to have you in the brother (and sister)hood. When you get a chance, create a sig showing your truck options and modifications so users can help you easier.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome aboard and sounds good on the Old's Party.
Thanks for the welcome! The Olds are fun in their own right, the truck is fun in a different way, can't really explain it... I have maintenance to do on it to get it in tip top shape, I've been going through the FAQ's here to get a handle of what I need to do.

Regards,
Mike

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome and I hope you enjoy your new purchase. Nice list of cars too.
Thanks for the welcome and compliment on the cars. Check out my CarDomain web site for up close shots of everything. Has some nice pics of my shop there too. The 72 W30 is the real "diamond in the rough" as it was only one of 17 built. Unfortunetly, it needs a complete and total restoration but at least it's not sitting outside in the elements anymore.

Regards,
Mike

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:welcome:
Good to have you in the brother (and sister)hood. When you get a chance, create a sig showing your truck options and modifications so users can help you easier.
Thanks for the welcome! I did update my sig, good idea. This is a nice site with lots of technical content for this shadetree mechanic. Looks like some nice folks, too, and that's always welcome.

Regards,
Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts