Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck is all stock except I have took off the muffler and straight piped it after the cat with 4in. for about 3 ft and dumped it out the side. Tuesday we had a big snow storm (about 14in.) and I had to make an emergency trip to town (15 miles). All the way there and more so on the way home I was busting thru some pretty big drifts. The truck was doing excellent until the next morning I fired it up and the CEL was on. Any ideas?? It goes to the dealer on Monday. Not sure what they will say about the pipe.

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Go to auto zone...or advanced auto...they will pull the code for you and tell you what number it is...popst it up here and we can help ya out

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hey I did the same thing. No engine light yet and I've been running it for about 6 months. It does however turn my rear rim as black as my truck. And I was a little disapionted with the lack of noise.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Snow gets into your air intake and plugs things up and causes an underboast code (0299 I think, dont remeber the exact # as I was driving and checking it while there was NO visibility:eek: )... Just had this prob the other day and posted on another tread about it. I hope that we here back from others about it!!! Also even if your housing is not all pluged up I'm sure some snow got in there and prob got in the filter, froze, and blocked things up... I hope this helped you...
Kw

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Took off airbox lid and cel went out. No snow in box so right side fender must be full. Thanks for your guys's help!

·
Registered
169 Posts
I started a thread on this issue a couple of weeks ago. Happend to me in a snow storm. Seems blowing wind and light powder snow create the most problems. If you do a search you will come accross it. GM redesigned the intake to prevent the overheating problems common in earlier models and to get more air into the engine. Unfortunately snow is sucked right up into the intake through the fender well. There are several people accross the country having the same problem. It really doesn't take very much snow to create the problem (as in my case). Dealer indicated GM engineers are investigating the problem but don't have a fix yet.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I had a buddy who mustve gotten snow in his filter while it sat overnight. He let it idle for about 15mins and it mustve melted because he took off and about 100ft down the rd his MAF sensor iced up and set a code...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts