Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
THE ENTIRE RECIEVER ??? OR JUST THE BALL MOUNT??

·
Registered
812 Posts
Are you talking about the factory 2" draw hitch? Maybe they did you a favor if you plan on towing alot with it. Use the insurance money and buy a better Reese or Draw-Tite for less than the OEM. Install it yourself and scar the bolt thread with a punch and it will be permanent. Spend the extra money on something that will make you feel better, like a beer...Edited by: aketay

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
LOL, actually it is pretty easy to steal. just 6 bolts and it's off. Still makes you wonder though.

Has anyone ever had a juice stollen? I would think they would be hot items especially if one were to put the edge stickers on the truck.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Maybe it fell off?

·
Registered
14,323 Posts
Before the Transgo truck was sold, Steve Cole filled the trailer hitch with lead. He was trying to get weight on the rear. I had hope that someone would try to steal it.
Think it weighed over 500lb. Can you guys imagine some idiot on his back, stealing this thing from your truck, and then he pulls the last bolt off and lets it fall on his chest?
Priceless

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't get it either. I usually park in my garage but last night I was lazy. I moved out of the city because I wanted to get away from all this. Oh well at least it wasn't the whole truck.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
duramaxdiesel said:
I don't get it either. I usually park in my garage but last night I was lazy. I moved out of the city because I wanted to get away from all this. Oh well at least it wasn't the whole truck.

Carefull they maybe ambitious and taking it piece by piece ...

Mac

·
Registered
16,973 Posts
A while back someone actually took the time to cut the lock on the drop down hitch I had made and took it. They must have spent at least 30 mins trying to arc the hacksaw the right way to cut that thing off, they really scratched and tore up the receiver part but only took the drop down. Amazing. They also stole some other ones in the same neighborhood.
Makes you wonder what type of person would do this and WHY? Also had all the valve stem caps taken too, but that is common place. Buddy had his factory caps stolen but those just unscrew and then they are gone. No big deal, guess it happens. Sorry to hear about your loss.

·
Registered
612 Posts
replaced the OEM receiver that came with my 3500 with a Reese Titan V, the original is leaning up against the wall on our back deck .... would appreciate someone being thoughtful enough to haul it off!

Jim

·
Registered
646 Posts
A little off topic, but when I lived out near Nick (Rio Linda), I had 1) the propane bottles stolen off my ancient travel trailer parked beside my house, 2) the old radiator (put in a 4 row) from my Mustang stolen leaning on my garage wall outside, and 3) a lawnmower with a broken flywheel in pieces from in front of my garage (left an oil trail where they dragged it through my lawn).

I read once where during a garbage strike in NYC, one guy would gift wrap his garbage and leave it on the front seat of his car. The trash was 'taken out' every time!

People will steal anything, even worthless junk.

·
Registered
162 Posts
That is just plain wrong to steal another mans hitch!

People (dang theives) will steal the strangest things.....
Edited by: Chevyfreek

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So I get ready to go out this morning and what do I see on the right side of the road? My hitch! I couldn't believe it. Now I know that there was no way for this thing to just fall off so maybe the thief just got lazy and dumped it. In any case I'm gonna get me some new bolts and hook it back up.

·
Registered
326 Posts
The entire receiver was swiped? Geez, what kind of loser steels something like that? How much crack can you get for a GM receiver?

·
Registered
24 Posts
WOW! Why would someone go to the trouble of removing it and then leave it in the road?

You park a trailer at home? Maybe it was a neighbor who doesn't like having a trailer around?

People are just nuts.

Julie

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
duramaxdiesel said:
So I get ready to go out this morning and what do I see on the right side of the road? My hitch! I couldn't believe it. Now I know that there was no way for this thing to just fall off so maybe the thief just got lazy and dumped it. In any case I'm gonna get me some new bolts and hook it back up.

Well, it's good you got it back. Maybe the thief tried a fast getaway and it fell out of his truck/trunk! (Might need to steal a tailgate first next time!
)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts